The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Thought it was correct that underachievers like Hearts were replaced by a more worthy team from Tayside.  But then they overlooked Arbroath and let you turkeys come back up.

It'll always be tarnished. Everyone will know Utd didn't really earn promotion, they were only allowed up so that folk could laugh at Hearts.

Dundee Utd are the Ernie Wise of the Scottish Premiership.

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Thought it was correct that underachievers like Hearts were replaced by a more worthy team from Tayside.  But then they overlooked Arbroath and let you turkeys come back up.

It'll always be tarnished. Everyone will know Utd didn't really earn promotion, they were only allowed up so that folk could laugh at Hearts.

1501226616_tenor(12).gif.04bd59b4479eab0068cb9603d13dab39.gif

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

You mean the famous and well liked Ernie Wise?  St Johnson is the Paul Undercroft.

53 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You mean the famous and well liked Ernie Wise?  St Johnson is the Paul Undercroft.

No, I mean Ernie wise who, as inoffensive as he was, you always felt didn't really belong at that level.   The onenobody was really interested in whilst they laughed heartily at Eric 'Hearts being relegated' Morecambe.

Am I supposed to say here "I've never heard of Paul Undercroft" so you can reply "exactly!"  ??

Because, if so, I've never heard of Paul Undercroft...

7 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

No, I mean Ernie wise who, as inoffensive as he was, you always felt didn't really belong at that level.   The onenobody was really interested in whilst they laughed heartily at Eric 'Hearts being relegated' Morecambe.

Am I supposed to say here "I've never heard of Paul Undercroft" so you can reply "exactly!"  ??

Because, if so, I've never heard of Paul Undercroft...

Exactly.

On 18/05/2020 at 20:11, tree house tam said:

Is it f**k. Crumbling terraces with bolt on seats, they even still have the clapped out toilets at the side, shite fucking stadium half full of screaming kids, wimmin and weirdos wearing orange.

At least ours is half full.

23 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Which makes St. Johnstone the Des O’Connor.

The DUSF plan on balloting members regarding the money they have accumulated, so would expect them to begin committing cash to United shortly. Not entirely sure in what capacity that might be. Equally I am not sure what the issue with Brannigan was but the DUSF were pretty scathing about him post-initial statement. 

Football clubs are a great investment.

In the good times it's mutually beneficial and you are a hero.

When times get tough you don't have to worry about putting in additional capital because you can rely on your customers to do it for you and share the risk.