Jump to content

The Jack Ross Relocation Thread 22/23


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, ArabFC said:

We would need to win in the Q3 round first.

So we're looking at the 'likes of' this lot, most of whom I'd hold out little hope of us beating...

FC Basel                 Sui 
Slavia Praha             Cze
Young Boys               Sui 
PAOK Thessaloniki        Gre 
Maccabi Tel-Aviv         Isr 
FK Astana                Kaz 
Molde FK                 Nor 
Steaua Bucharest         Rom  
BATE Borisov             Bls 
Anderlecht               Bel  
FC Fehérvár              ***
Gil Vicente              Por 
CSKA Sofia               Bul  
Suduva Marijampole       Lit  
AZ Alkmaar               Ned  
Spartak Trnava           Svk   
Rijeka                   Cro   
NK Osijek                Cro  
Kairat Almaty            Kaz
Zorya Luhansk            Ukr
Braga                    Por 
FC Twente Enschede       Ned 
FC Lugano                Sui  
Hajduk Split             Cro  
Austria Vienna           Aut 

Took me a second to work out why FC Fehérvár had asterisks instead of a country code...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

So, am I to believe we will be away on 11th Aug (unseeded)?

Please be the case. Im in Tenerife til the 4th 🙏

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

So, am I to believe we will be away on 11th Aug (unseeded)?

Just to clarify, I do not believe the seeding actually determines which fixture is played first.

 

Just watched back the draws this year and what they do is group 10 teams together (5 seeded and 5 unseeded) then asking 1 to 5 as seeded and 6 to 10 as unseeded. They pick a seeded ball and unseeded ball, and whatever teams number comes out first is seeded. 

 

I.e. if the seeded team 2 is picked first and unseeded 7 next it means team 2 plays against team 7 with the first leg at team 2s ground.

 

If you go back to this years Uefa Europa Conference League Round 3 draw it will show you how it works in real time. Very similar to the 2nd and 1st round draws (which is why I checked).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

Just to clarify, I do not believe the seeding actually determines which fixture is played first.

 

Just watched back the draws this year and what they do is group 10 teams together (5 seeded and 5 unseeded) then asking 1 to 5 as seeded and 6 to 10 as unseeded. They pick a seeded ball and unseeded ball, and whatever teams number comes out first is seeded. 

 

I.e. if the seeded team 2 is picked first and unseeded 7 next it means team 2 plays against team 7 with the first leg at team 2s ground.

 

If you go back to this years Uefa Europa Conference League Round 3 draw it will show you how it works in real time. Very similar to the 2nd and 1st round draws (which is why I checked).

Are they picked from the same pot? If so, how do they ensure that they pick one seeded and one unseeded? If it's different pots how do they randomise the home and away fixtures?

Unless they alternate, I suppose (one seeded then two unseeded, the two seeded and so on).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Are they picked from the same pot? If so, how do they ensure that they pick one seeded and one unseeded? If it's different pots how do they randomise the home and away fixtures?

Unless they alternate, I suppose (one seeded then two unseeded, the two seeded and 

Here is a summary for the 3rd round draw from last year

 

Quote

Main path

• The nine teams entering at this stage were joined by the 45 second qualifying round winners.

• The clubs were divided into six groups of eight teams (Groups 1 to 6) and one group of six teams (Group 7). Within each group, the teams were split into an equal number of seeded and unseeded sides, in accordance with the club coefficient rankings established at the beginning of the season.

• As the second qualifying round matches are not played until 22 and 29 July, the coefficient of the club with the higher coefficient of the two clubs involved in an undecided tie was used for the purposes of the draw.

• For Groups 1 to 6, each of the teams was randomly assigned a number: 1 to 4 for the seeded teams and 5 to 8 for the unseeded teams. Two bowls were prepared, one for the seeded teams and the other for unseeded.

• One ball was taken from each bowl and placed into an empty bowl, where the two were shuffled. One was drawn first at random, and the second was picked out to complete the tie. The result applied to all six groups, and the same procedure was carried out with the remaining balls to complete the pairings.

• The procedure was then repeated for Group 7, where the clubs were randomly given a number from 1 to 3 for the seeded teams and 4 to 6 for the unseeded. In all seven groups, the first ball drawn designated the home team for the first leg.

• Teams from the same association could not be drawn against each other.

Its best to watch an example of the draw here: https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaconferenceleague/draws/2022/2001496/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From what I can gather, the suggestion is that you lads have signed Danny Mullen. Didn't show up to our PotY doo last night and he was booed when his goals were shown on the screen.

Brilliant agent work as I wouldn't have been wanting to keep him in the Championship nevermind sign him as a team that's got Europe to look forward to! Plenty of effort but no real talent. Gets by on hard work alone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As I said months ago, Danny Mullen will be a decent signing for United if you just let him do the donkey work and tell Watt to just stay around the box. 

Your problem will come from Watt, in this scenario. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

From what I can gather, the suggestion is that you lads have signed Danny Mullen. Didn't show up to our PotY doo last night and he was booed when his goals were shown on the screen.

Brilliant agent work as I wouldn't have been wanting to keep him in the Championship nevermind sign him as a team that's got Europe to look forward to! Plenty of effort but no real talent. Gets by on hard work alone.

Good riddance to the midget, fucking useless.

Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Abusing the top scorer on the way out? Oofft. 
 

then falling over yourself to throw awards at a CH, then celebrating a decade of Cammy Kerr. 
 

I’ll take the Dees opinions on their own players with a pinch of salt. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

Abusing the top scorer on the way out? Oofft. 
 

then falling over yourself to throw awards at a CH, then celebrating a decade of Cammy Kerr. 
 

I’ll take the Dees opinions on their own players with a pinch of salt. 

Suit yourself, you saw the miss he had in the derby? That's typical of him, a running around headless chicken that couldn't hit a barn door from three yards.

Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

That's typical of him, running around 

Well thats an upgrade on McNulty right away

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For Dundee United Fans, here's how the 3rd Round seedings are looking like right now. Both United and Motherwell (if they make it through) will be unseeded. 

More info can be found here: 

 

The benefit is that if any team makes it to the Play off round, they would be using thier oppoments seeding so they could potentially be seeded for the Play off. Confusing right?

Anyway here is 3rd Round seeding:

FS3ytuZX0AEOMdT.png.4d0678c7479909c97345e6781043038a.png

 

And Here is the Play off Round

FS3zeZmXsAEC6PX.png.bcb4e2176d7eb26fc1756274a7b08b30.png

FS3xccoWYAAU-J-.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well we usually take their good players off them (Robertson, Dixon etc) and pan off all our shite to them (Curran, McMullen etc). Maybe he will improve playing with better players

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Homer Thompson changed the title to The Jack Ross Relocation Thread 22/23

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...