The Jack Ross Relocation Thread 22/23

8 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

As much as I'd love Dylan Levitt to sign for us, I'd be astonished if he didn't get any better offers. We can but try

^^^ this.

18 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
1 hour ago, Zetterlund said:
If he stays I can't wait to learn from opposition fans on here how much we're paying him.

£20k a week plus a £20k goal bonus imo

So nothing left in the kitty for Safranko and Shankland?

Can't complain at a final day victory to secure 4th spot.

I wonder if the players had any incentive for a longer summer break given the later European start for 4th?

Whatever you think of how we played this year, there's bound to be a large turnover of players now.

I've not been overly convinced by McDonald, but I'd keep hold of him given our lack of proper midfielders and the hope that a good pre-season could get him to the grade.

I'd also keep McNulty, if only to piss everyone else off ;)

In all the Euro excitement I have just realised we don't have an embarrassing League Cup Group stage exit huffing and puffing to beat Bonnnyrigg to deal with. Delightful news.

Means we can get a glamour friendly v Luton or somebody lined  up too. 

3 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

In all the Euro excitement I have just realised we don't have an embarrassing League Cup Group stage exit huffing and puffing to beat Bonnnyrigg to deal with. Delightful news.

Means we can get a glamour friendly v Luton or somebody lined  up too. 

I have a sneaking suspicion that Fulham may be said friendly

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that Fulham may be said friendly

Fulham and Northampton deffo on the cards. 

Season review time. 

Decent start, shite middle, half decent end with some great performances and results throughout. 

Solid 7/10 for Tam and the Bams. 

30 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Now the season is over...

Announce Levitt or GTF

Pitchfork at the ready for when he's announced as a Hibs player tonight.

Ficking booooo

So.

Will Courts be here next season?

Is there any chance we can sign Levitt?

Will the club be stupid enough to offer McNulty a contract?

What’s the story with a goalkeeper?

52 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

So.

Will Courts be here next season?

Is there any chance we can sign Levitt?

Will the club be stupid enough to offer McNulty a contract?

What’s the story with a goalkeeper?

Don't like the opening 'so'.

Courts? He'll be at Tannadice, I don't think it's anything other than paper talk about him heading south. He's done very well, better than I could have imagined although I was never against him getting the job. There's been times when I could have seen him far enough and almost jumped over to the 'anti' side, but some of the bile directed towards him has been untoward.

Levitt: perhaps if his ManU contract is extended there's a chance he'll be back, as he's had regular football and clearly enjoyed himself, but if a free agent he's surely going to chase the money in the English leagues.

McNulty will get a short term deal until he's fit again.

Goalkeeper: beginning to think Benji may stay. His mistakes over the past few months may have discouraged potential suitors.  

5 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Don't like the opening 'so'.

Courts? He'll be at Tannadice, I don't think it's anything other than paper talk about him heading south. He's done very well, better than I could have imagined although I was never against him getting the job. There's been times when I could have seen him far enough and almost jumped over to the 'anti' side, but some of the bile directed towards him has been untoward.

Levitt: perhaps if his ManU contract is extended there's a chance he'll be back, as he's had regular football and clearly enjoyed himself, but if a free agent he's surely going to chase the money in the English leagues.

McNulty will get a short term deal until he's fit again.

Goalkeeper: beginning to think Benji may stay. His mistakes over the past few months may have discouraged potential suitors.  

I'd go along with that, except I don't see McNulty getting any sort of deal. He's not our player so it wouldn't be a case of just extending his contract for a couple of months. In any event, the bad will towards him would make for incredibly bad PR. The other guys we've done it for have been well liked but just not particularly rated - there's a visceral antipathy towards McNulty. 

Don't see there being a clamour for Courts from elsewhere. He's made a very promising start to his career but it's too early for any decent sized clubs to be taking him seriously just yet, imo.

• Homer Thompson changed the title to The Jack Ross Relocation Thread 22/23