The Dundee United Thread 22/23

10 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

The GMS / Armstrong transfer fee is twice the current value of the entire first team and there is no comparison in terms of entertainment. The current lot give me almost no entertainment. 

As far as entertainment goes I laugh every time I see McNulty in the starting lineup.

3 hours ago, Big Shedboy said:

Who should we be looking to sign for next season?

Ideally someone with a bit of presence and ability to hold the ball up front. No-one immediately springs to mind though 🤔

Pavaurence Shankfranklando?

6 hours ago, Big Shedboy said:

Who should we be looking to sign for next season?

Ideally someone with a bit of presence and ability to hold the ball up front. No-one immediately springs to mind though 🤔

Take Danny Mullen, I insist.

1 hour ago, PartyFears2 said:

Transfer rumour kicking about that involves our pals down the road…..

Trying to interfere with Lamie's PCA? I'm struggling to think of who in Dundee's current squad their fans would be bothered to see the back of after this season. Never mind anyone we'd particularly want.

Trying to interfere with Lamie's PCA? I'm struggling to think of who in Dundee's current squad their fans would be bothered to see the back of after this season. Never mind anyone we'd particularly want.
Sweeney is a good defender at this level despite the horrific goals against column. Could see someone coming in for him this summer.

1 minute ago, harry94 said:
11 minutes ago, captainkev said:

Sweeney is a good defender at this level despite the horrific goals against column. Could see someone coming in for him this summer.

He's under contract for next year though right? We've still got Edwards, Mulgrew and Graham at centre-half, plus Neilson needing game time too. Even assuming Butcher's no longer a part of future plans, we don't need to be paying for another defender for next season.

1 minute ago, captainkev said:

He's under contract for next year though right? We've still got Edwards, Mulgrew and Graham at centre-half, plus Neilson needing game time too. Even assuming Butcher's no longer a part of future plans, we don't need to be paying for another defender for next season.

Agree, probably the only position that doesn’t really need strengthened this summer.

4 minutes ago, captainkev said:

He's under contract for next year though right?

Yeah he is. Whether he has a relegation clause or not is another matter.

Our players out of contract next month are Liam Fontaine, Danny Mullen, Declan McDaid, Christie Elliott and Charlie Adam (has an extension clause "activated" but also a relegation clause). Have at them, I say. If you're willing to pay for anyone else, great!