The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Two wins from our next two home games would more or less guarantee European football next season, and should be the aim.

Hearts have nothing to play for, although that could go either way. Maybe they'll rest Craig Gordon. A man can dream

16 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Two wins from our next two home games would more or less guarantee European football next season, and should be the aim.

Hearts have nothing to play for, although that could go either way. Maybe they'll rest Craig Gordon. A man can dream

Equally if we can beat both Motherwell and County I think we will end up fourth.

ETA I mean regardless of the Hearts result.

Edited by Granny Danger

1 hour ago, PartyFears2 said:

I’d bin Niskanen & Siegrist now. I’d play Eriksson in goal now & a bag of tatties where Niskanen plays 

Or you could simply put Niskanen back on the left, where he's actually good. Mental that Courts thinks the way to make up for moving Smith into midfield is to play a second choice left back on the left and first choice left back on the right, thereby weakening two positions, rather than simply playing Freeman.

Anyway, that was fucking garbage yesterday. Looked like one team had nothing to play for and one were desperate for the three points. I'm not calling for his head but Courts really needs to do something to shake the lethargy out of this team. On the cusp of having a half decent season (largely because 75% of the division is pants, tbf) and we are just so fucking flat.

1 hour ago, PartyFears2 said:

I’d bin Niskanen & Siegrist now. I’d play Eriksson in goal now & a bag of tatties where Niskanen plays 

Or we could play Niskanen in a position where he can contribute.  Just a thought.

ETA beaten to it.

Edited by Granny Danger

Niskanen's had plenty of good games. I'd go further than playing him on the left and do away with the back five altogether(after yesterday's defensive abomination with 3 centre backs failing to track simple long balls over the top, it can hardly get any worse), play him as an actual winger rather than having to effectively do 2 jobs.

Benji Siegrist can get so far to f**k. Every time the ball goes near him im panicking. Hes a bombscare which isnt something i thought id ever say but hes been chucking them in for months and needs emptied. Get CJ in the sticks for the Motherwell match

Benji Siegrist can get so far to f**k. Every time the ball goes near him im panicking. Hes a bombscare which isnt something i thought id ever say but hes been chucking them in for months and needs emptied. Get CJ in the sticks for the Motherwell match
His head has been elsewhere for a while now for whatever reason, and CJ deserves a shot now.

Dont think Siegriest is at fault for Hearts equaliser yesterday but its another where he palms a ball into the path of an attacker. Its not a major error in itself but its a regular pattern.

I really liked Smith at centre mid.

It doesn't matter where you play Niskanen he is shite at football. He has a horrendous first touch and consistently makes bad decisions about shooting, passing and crossing. You could also wave a bit of paper and knock him off the ball.

What annoys he is the way we played from 10 to 55 is a conscious choice and nothing to do with who is good and who isn't.

Courts also can't see what everyone in the stadium.could see that Hearts could ping balls out left and were getting the freedom of Tannadice to do what they wanted.

I'd like to see Graham, Edwards and Mulgrew all playing but only if it is working.

10 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Schrodingers United.

When our players are simultaneously too shit to play for us and too good for us to keep hold of them.