The Dundee United Thread 22/23

21 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

McNulty. Ross County. 15/16 goals next season. 

you could see it, couldn’t you.. 

Even if so, hes not scoring that with us. Ever. He's had 2 years and done f**k all and is being out shone by a rookie centre half in the goals and assist department. 

And if hes on the alleged 5k a week we would do better without him. 

If he goes on to have a decent career then we'll done to the guy, but he's been an utter waste here.

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Maybe he could follow in McMullen's footsteps and become a superstar across the road?

Stranger things have happened. Last season they managed to get Osman Sow to do something other than keep the physio busy.

Blatantly stole this image from the Motherwell thread, but it is interesting. Compared to this time last season, we have scored 2 more goals, conceded 6 fewer, and gained 2 more points.

We've lost the same number of games, but effectively converted one draw into a win.

Screen Shot 2022-04-10 at 15.52.30.png

19 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Blatantly stole this image from the Motherwell thread, but it is interesting. Compared to this time last season, we have scored 2 more goals, conceded 6 fewer, and gained 2 more points.

We've lost the same number of games, but effectively converted one draw into a win.

So McNulty has made a difference.

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

Soccerbase has him as scoring 3 goals last season, as opposed to 2 this season.

I suppose you could argue that him playing has forced everyone else to step up?

That reminds me of when Homer Simpson said "Everyone says they have to work a lot harder when I'm around"

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Aye but there's more to Watts play than just scoring. Happy to be proved wrong but what else can McNulty do? 

Indeed there is. Just providing a little context.

For what it's worth, I thought McNulty did well in the build up to his miss and in the build up to Smith's miss too. 

I actually believe there's a player in there somewhere but I don't blame anyone for writing him off as we very very rarely ever see it.