The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Having been a supporter of Mark McNulty's efforts at times, my optimism almost reached orgasmic levels when he won the ball back on the right touchline, then laid it off and got in to get on the end of a great chance to skite it over the bar. He’s maybe just unlucky at best, but time to look elsewhere probably.

it would be very lazy to sign him up for next season.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I genuinely think there is more chance of a personnel change than a tactics change.

Personnel change likelihood - 2%

Tactics change likelihood - 1.5%

I dunno. I think we're already on Plan B. Plan A was passing the ball interminably around the back until it fizzles out.; Plan B is the early long ball to McNulty to try to get in behind quickly. In practice, Plan B is working better than Plan A because although the quick ball isn't working we're well set up to defend when it doesn't work and are able to create some attacks from second balls (not many but more than under Plan A). Unfortunately, Plan B with McNulty means that we lose the first ball most of the time. Maybe there is scope for a Plan C where we manage to get up the park without constantly giving the ball away. 

30 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Probably part of the deal with Reading that we play him a certain amount of games and as a favour to him put him in the window. 

I'm seriously worried we sign him permanently, especially if it's any where near the contribution to his wages United are supposed to be paying Reading. 

He's out of contract in the summer. Would Reading really care about how much game time he gets?

Still, I don't know what possible explanation concerns me more. That we took him on loan again with deal stipulations about him getting a certain amount of game time after last season was far from an unqualified success. Or, that there's no obligation about how much he plays, but Courts keeps selecting him anyway.

I cant stand Mcnulty, hes humpty. As is Clark but i began that drum banging a while back and everyone is just getting it now. Two fuckin useless c***s, like playing with 9 men. Todays open goal miss should be the end of Mcnultys career with United but by all accords, the agreement wont let that happen

As far as the manager goes, hes got 5 games to make sure we finish 4th. If we dont, he can get to f**k. A top 6 with the top 3 miles away and us 4th up against Motherwell and fuckin Ross County. Its completely unacceptable to finish 5th or 6th

10 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Am I bored as f**k watching this team? Yes

Are we cruising towards Europe? Yes

I'm very confused 

I share your mixed feelings, but “cruising towards Europe” is a stretch. “Stuttering” or “staggering” is probably closer to the truth. 

31 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

I share your mixed feelings, but “cruising towards Europe” is a stretch. “Stuttering” or “staggering” is probably closer to the truth. 

If we had held on yesterday we would be three points ahead of Motherwell and Couny rather than one.  With only five games to play that could be a significant difference.

Ross Graham has as many league goals as McNulty (who’s tally includes a penalty), absolutely no way should McNulty be kept on. He may well sign for another Scottish team and rediscover his scoring touch but for whatever reason it’s just not worked at Utd and it would be best for both parties to part ways. 

54 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Ross Graham has as many league goals as McNulty (who’s tally includes a penalty), absolutely no way should McNulty be kept on. He may well sign for another Scottish team and rediscover his scoring touch but for whatever reason it’s just not worked at Utd and it would be best for both parties to part ways. 

I'd rather we played Graham up front than McNulty.

I'd rather we played almost anyone up front instead of McNulty.

He'll get a gig for some money bag nobody team in England and if not, he'll end up at a bottom end SPFL team like Aberdeen or Hibs (lol).

25 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

The fact a young defender has scored as many or more as him speaks volumes. 

Not only that, Graham's flick on for Clark's goal yesterday means he's now got more assists than McNulty this season.