The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

After 33 games Celtic's top scorer has a measly 9 goals - they prob don't give a fcuk though given they're top of the league.

They’ve another two on eight and one on seven plus two more with the same as our top scorer..  It’s pure speculation on my part but maybe that’s why they’re top of the league.

I hope he’s a better coach than he was a player then. Because he was fucking hopeless. 
I only hope he wins United as many points as a coach as he did as a player ;)

I do like him, he seems like a good egg. If he's joining us, I hope he's a success.

52 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I only hope he wins United as many points as a coach as he did as a player ;)

I do like him, he seems like a good egg. If he's joining us, I hope he's a success.

“A good egg”?  Seriously?

On 30/03/2022 at 08:06, mishtergrolsch said:

Ross is going to be a really good defender for us and will go on to bigger and better things for a decent wedge.

It's interesting how Lewis Neilson got his chance long before Graham, even though he's two years younger, then Kerr Smith got called up to the first team the day he turned 16, but Graham was kicking his heels on the Dunfermline bench as he neared 21.

There's no doubt he's played well ever since he got his chance, but there must be a reason why he was overlooked for so long, right?

29 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

It's interesting how Lewis Neilson got his chance long before Graham, even though he's two years younger, then Kerr Smith got called up to the first team the day he turned 16, but Graham was kicking his heels on the Dunfermline bench as he neared 21.

There's no doubt he's played well ever since he got his chance, but there must be a reason why he was overlooked for so long, right?

Lewis more forthcoming in putting his case forward to the gaffer about playing.

Ross quietly went about his business and his spell at Dunfermline was a kick up the arse he needed to push on. 

All 3, Neilson, Smith and Graham are very decent defenders with slightly different qualities. 

Could say all of them will play at a higher level in years to come. Although I'm concerned Neilson might not push on as much due to the injury he got. 

Personally, ive seen more in terms of defensive ability in Graham than I have in Neilson. Neilson still looks a good prospect and maybe if they both stay for a few seasons they would make a decent central defensive partnership.

Hoping the Dunfermline banter loan Graham had is the boot up the arse @ArabianKnight suggests he needed. Seems to have been the case.

9 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

First 10 and last 10 we were decent. The middle bit - fucking hell.

Another point though. Avoid defeat in the derby and we are in the Top 6. We are also now 16 points clear of the automatic relegation spot, with only 18 points left to play for

4 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Think thats us almost guaranteed a top six place, only Ross County can beat us to it as Livi play Motherwell

From potential automatic relegation to assured top 6 in the blink of an eye...

3 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Think thats us almost guaranteed a top six place, only Ross County can beat us to it as Livi play Motherwell

Either of them can finish above us as well though.

It requires us losing to Dundee, and either:

Motherwell and Hibs winning, and County winning with a GD swing of 3; or Hibs winning, and County AND Livi both winning with GD swings of 3.

Highly unlikely, but still mathematically possible