The Dundee United Thread 22/23

38 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

Appere. Northampton. Permanent deal, apparently. 

Don't think he ever really got a run of games in what (imho) would be his best position up top.

Still not sure if he'll make the grade, but a shame to see him go.

Wtf apparently Deco Glass is going to Killie on loan. 
Leaving ourselves mentally short of cover here unless we've got a few lined up [emoji848]
This makes more sense tbh. If we aren't going to play them, loaning them out is the next best thing. As long as it doesn't leave us short of cover...

38 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Leaving ourselves mentally short of cover here unless we've got a few lined up 🤔

What’s Glass like? Apparently we were in for Scott Allan, so I guess that’s fell through if this story has legs. 

Sending out on loan a promising known quantity who we (I) rate highly and replacing him with a younger academy player who will be gone at the end of the season does not seem like a particularly good move. Akinola may well be great but I have my doubts. Looks like yet another fancy ball player when really we need someone with a bit of nous and dig to replace Jeando. Plenty of fancy dan young players already at the club if that's what's required. 

On the plus side, if Glass gets a solid four months under his belt getting kicked about the place in the Championship then it might be a positive. I suppose. I'd rather he was getting kicked for us in the Premiership though.

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

I'm not going to tomorrow nights game. Does anyone know if I'll be able to buy a stream from Dundee FC? And if so will there be away team commentary?

Why would you want an away team commentary?  I doubt even the Funsters’ commentary team could be worse than ours.

19 minutes ago, Steven W said:

I'd rather have my commentary with a DUFC flavour to it, than a DFC one.

Debatable.

The Celtic commentary was like music to my ears in comparison to the shite the United comms team come out with.

3 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Leaving ourselves mentally short of cover here unless we've got a few lined up 🤔

Glass, Mochrie and Meekison can hardly get a game between them - if we're bringing in McDonald and the Arsenal kid, we may as well see if Glass can get a regular game at Killie. Should be loaning him to Arbroath instead mind ;)

45 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Debatable.

The Celtic commentary was like music to my ears in comparison to the shite the United comms team come out with.

The Kilmarnock one in the cup game was at a level of professionalism we could only dream about.