The Dundee United Thread 22/23

I make that Carson, Reynolds, Connolly, Kerr Smith, Chalmers, Watson, Fuchs and, looking likely, Hoti and Appere out this month, permanently or on loan (and whoever else I've forgotten) with Eriksson and Watt in. Decent business. Only Fuchs really weakens the first team. Should be scope for another couple of guys to come in to improve the first team.

13 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I make that Carson, Reynolds, Connolly, Kerr Smith, Chalmers, Watson, Fuchs and, looking likely, Hoti and Appere out this month, permanently or on loan (and whoever else I've forgotten) with Eriksson and Watt in. Decent business. Only Fuchs really weakens the first team. Should be scope for another couple of guys to come in to improve the first team.

Didn't realise the squad was that big. Biamou out too I would think. Would also send Graham and Meekinson out on loan if we can get a few in 

2 hours ago, ArabFC said:

Fuchs could've gone 10 years without scoring a goal without me giving a f**k if he performed as he can most weeks. Kante got 1 goal in 40 for Leicester - scoring goals isn't what they paid him for.

We've been shit out of luck for decent midfielders for years and now we only have Levitt (who's not ours and injured all the time) as a kinda reliable player there. It's a problem!

I know what you mean and I'm not dismissing his quality, but the point I'm making is, given our pathetic goals for column in the last couple of years, a midfielder who chips in with the occasional goal would perhaps be of more use to us than one that, albeit a good player, doesn't score any.

29 minutes ago, Tap in 94 said:

Didn't realise the squad was that big. Biamou out too I would think. Would also send Graham and Meekinson out on loan if we can get a few in 

There's no way Meekison will go out on loan. 

I thought it was nonsense but I got told a couple weeks back United were looking at a fairly experienced/older midfielder which would be a marquee signing, shhhh @Mr. Alliso all these off loadings make a bit more sense given how light we are in a central area now. 

4 minutes ago, Dunfermline Arab said:

If you don't want McDonald then you, my friend, are a 'silly billy' 

Almost certainly, and many worse things besides.

But we digress. Checking McDonald's wiki I note that despite playing over 100 times for our nearest neighbours he hasn't ever played in the Scottish top flight.  A coincidence?

4 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Almost certainly, and many worse things besides.

But we digress. Checking McDonald's wiki I note that despite playing over 100 times for our nearest neighbours he hasn't ever played in the Scottish top flight.  A coincidence?

Dundee have always been fairly shite, so wouldn't read too much into it. 

Conway, Swanson and Gomis came from lower leagues, as did a certain Andrew Robertson. Evidently McDonald was a diamond in the shite. 

Having not seen McDonald play I'm not actually sure what type of player he is. Is he a playmaker or a box to box sort? Because we could do with either of those. 

My only main concern is that hes 33 and had a seriously large medical procedure so how likely is it that he will actually be up to playing at this level again? Even if not with us it would be good to see him overcome something like that.

His history suggests he'd be a good player at our level if he was 50% of what he was before.

I guess we'll only know if he signs and plays obviously, and an initial deal till the end of the season would be sensible. And as stated, if it causes some boaking accross the road then all the better. Maybe a debut subbie appearance in a derby when we're 4-0 up?

Siegrist 
Freeman Neilson Butcher McMann 
               Clark Levitt Harkes
          Watt McNulty Pawlett 

apparently Edwards injured / not being risked. 
and young Cudjoe in the squad. 

Edited by PartyFears2

3 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

Siegrist 
               Clark Levitt Harkes
          Watt McNulty Pawlett 

What does Courts have against Glass?

8 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

Siegrist 
               Clark Levitt Harkes
          Watt McNulty Pawlett 

Has Cudjoe's permit came through then? Afaik he had to play as a trialist for the U18s recently 🤣

10 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

Siegrist 
               Clark Levitt Harkes
          Watt McNulty Pawlett 

To be honest, it dosent matter we line up with, it's s Celtic at Celtic Park ffs.

We could have a team consisting of Maldini, Buffon, Zidane, both Ronaldos, Messi, Pirlo, Nesta and Cannavarro, Cafu and Kanchelskis and we'd still get papped 4-0 there.

There's some horrible bigoted voodoo they have over us at that stadium. Horrible place.