The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 hour ago, low-life said:

Bonkers. 10 days ago we were gonna be competing for 3rd. Now we’re finishing bottom. 
let him build his team. We have a lot of good players and he’s trying to integrate a new team  that was previously built around being negative. 
We will be totally fine and have every faith he will build a decent side. 

Is glue sniffing still a thing?

All fine saying that we need a defensive midfielder but if the opposition is scoring nearly every time they have a shot on target then you have no chance. The keeper needs replaced

16 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

You can surely look further ahead than that.  You’ve got plenty of money.  You don’t need to worry about a cold snap and the rise in the gas price cap come October.

Anyway, I know how much you loved referring to Dim McIntyre as Agent McIntyre.  Is it too soon for us to refer to Jack Dross as Agent Ross?

You can refer to him however you want.  It’s early days for both your team and mine, though I’d prefer to be trying to improve our position in the Premiership than hoping to hold on in the Championship.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

You can refer to him however you want.  It’s early days for both your team and mine, though I’d prefer to be trying to improve our position in the Premiership than hoping to hold on in the Championship.

1100605614_JackataLoss.png.a2a280aec5c198a0d7f386df81508a46.png.bc07db3ea0aa555bc089a4ea99ffddc5.png

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

1100605614_JackataLoss.png.a2a280aec5c198a0d7f386df81508a46.png.bc07db3ea0aa555bc089a4ea99ffddc5.png

Far from it, and even if I was who would I be seething with?

I was happy when we appointed Ross and I’ve been delighted at the quality and apparent quality of the players we have signed.  I’ve no right to be angry (or seething) about anything.

If things don’t improve over the coming months Mark Ogren might well be seething, he’s made a big commitment to the club in this transfer window and there’s questions as to whether it’s paying off.

I didn’t expect to get past AZ and maybe the first leg gave us a false sense of optimism but I would have preferred to avoid a 7-0 drubbing.  The domestic league is far more important and we have to improve there; quickly and significantly.

20 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

All fine saying that we need a defensive midfielder but if the opposition is scoring nearly every time they have a shot on target then you have no chance. The keeper needs replaced

Still confused as to why United let Carson come to us when your no1 keeper was also leaving?

16 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Are you trying to improve your position in the Premiership though? Holding on in the Premiership looks more realistic based on this start.

Next week is massive. If there's not a reaction then it might be a struggle to get the heads back up because it's an inevitable pumping by Celtic the week after.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Are you trying to improve your position in the Premiership though? Holding on in the Premiership looks more realistic based on this start.

Next week is massive. If there's not a reaction then it might be a struggle to get the heads back up because it's an inevitable pumping by Celtic the week after.

I’m assuming you’re at the wind up.  Either that or you think the situation is already determined with three games played.  We’re currently tenth, I’m willing to bet that we will finish above that position.

Edited by Granny Danger

I’m assuming you’re at the wind up.  Either that or you think the situation is already determined with three games played.  We’re currently tenth, I’m willing to bet that we will finish above that position.

Genuinely interested - aside from Steven Fletcher, which signings from Jack Ross are you "delighted" with, with what has been shown so far?

I don't think anything is determined by three games so I can only assume you're being defensive or just thick as I clarified my point later in the post.

As I said, St Mirren game is massive. Failure to pick up any points in that game then get pumped by Celtic and then it'll become much harder to turn the ship around. Even the fixtures after the Celtic game look tough with the likes of Hibs and Rangers in the couple of games thereafter.

St Mirren game will either continue this slide or being the first sign of building some momentum and showing this is a blip and you'll easily get back on track IMO.

26 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Watched the pantomime today, absolutely hilarious, need to chuck more money at it. IMO.

Thank you.

By my reckoning you have watched more of our games this season than your own. Rent free