The Dundee United Thread 22/23

I see once again United fans have fell in to the trap of lauding a new signing after a game or two.

Personally I was taken aback at Fleetwood at Birighitti's lack of stature. For a goalkeeper he's absolutely tiny, and pretty slightly built as well.

He's had some decent saves and does some shouting at his defence, but I don't see how anyone can be a goalkeeper at a fairly high level when they're built like that.

Tonight was certainly a reality check in that AZ are quite clearly a far better side than us, but the manner in which we crumbled at 2-0 is seriously alarming.

The new keeper has already let in a few strikes from distance in just a handful of games, never mind a howler for the third goal tonight. It's still early days but it looks like a big cause for concern there.

1 point from Killie and Livi. Absolute pumping tonight. Hearts away on Sunday, St Mirren and then Celtic.

Your squad is far, far too good to be near the relegation spots (despite what it probably feels like right now) but that St Mirren game seems absolutely crucial otherwise Jack Ross' arse will have to be flapping that the fans will start on his back.

It reminded me of a game we played years ago against the old Rangers at Hampden.  Birighitti played the Nick Colgan role far too well...

If we are as flatfooted as we are against Livi, Hearts have the players to punish further and run riot. 

A poor preseason, a humiliation in Europe and some underwhelming league results (one outlier of a strong performance/score). Absolutely agree that there will be a wee bit of pressure on the St Mirren game.