The Dundee United Thread 22/23

3 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Sarcasm's a form of irony. Anyway, Goldie being poached by a bigger, richer club isn't a reason to criticise his boss. That's an absolutely wild take.

If I hire someone who bombs and I have to sack him or he walks out in the huff then that speaks to a problem. If on the other hand I bring in someone who is a great success and that success attracts attention from elsewhere then that's a shame but if it reflects on me at all then it's to my credit.

It takes a particularly twisted mindset to construe the success of Goldie as a reason to criticise Asghar. 

100% agreed. You're probably the only one on here who read 'Asghar out' and took it seriously, but to be clear (and as per my last post) Asghar has been United's best employee. 

32 minutes ago, FIFE ARABIAN said:

100% agreed. You're probably the only one on here who read 'Asghar out' and took it seriously, but to be clear (and as per my last post) Asghar has been United's best employee. 

He’s done pretty well. Not so sure about him moonlighting in an advertising campaign when he should be working on our transfers though. Although, to be fair it looks like that was done during his previous career…

image.jpeg

2 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Jesus suffering fcuk - these gimps on commentary are insufferable!

Muted it and turned the volume up on the Arbroath stream. I'm getting told what number Bobby Linn got on the sides of his hair it from some fisherman.

Despite being 1-0 down, this a far better performance than last week - albeit against weaker opposition.

It looks like JR has spent the week telling the players they don’t have to launch the ball at every opportunity.

Only a guess, but I’d think this 4231 lineup is what we’ll employ going into the session proper, given it’s been the gaffers preferred setup at previous clubs. If so, we need a better 10 option than Harkes.

The new keeper looks very comfortable on the ball, which isn’t something we’ve had since, well, ever?

Fletcher has missed a couple of decent chances (we might have to get used to that) but has made a huge difference to how we can win and hold the ball in the attacking third already. 

Cudjoe definitely looks like he has something about him. Forward line subs were poor. Didn't think Harkes done that badly but nothing special. Sibbald looks like he'll be alright once up to speed. 

Definitely need a few more. Can we please stop playing Smith in the holding role and just sign a proper defensive midfielder. 

Striker, DM and another central defender needed. 

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Cudjoe definitely looks like he has something about him. Forward line subs were poor. Didn't think Harkes done that badly but nothing special. Sibbald looks like he'll be alright once up to speed. 

Definitely need a few more. Can we please stop playing Smith in the holding role and just sign a proper defensive midfielder. 

Striker, DM and another central defender needed. 

Mark Connolly is back so just the two needed really 🤪

1 hour ago, skinny arab said:

If we don’t add a decent defensive midfielder to the team we will be in serious trouble. 

I think that's probably true but, on the other hand, if we do add a good defensive midfielder to the team we're not far away from being half decent particularly if wee Matthew lives up to the early promise.

1 hour ago, skinny arab said:

If we don’t add a decent defensive midfielder to the team we will be in serious trouble. 

😂

Youll be miles from the bottom of the league.

5 hours ago, skinny arab said:

Serious trouble of what, getting 6th place? You lads have nothing to worry about this season, I'm certain of it.

7 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Serious trouble of what, getting 6th place? You lads have nothing to worry about this season, I'm certain of it.

Thats two posts in a row from you on this thread and neither have been derogatory

Do fuckin better