The Dundee United Thread 22/23

32 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Scot Burns got some interesting stuff on twitter atm. 

Christiano Fitzgerald training with us, and the Ugandan guys along with him played in a bounce game against Leicester the other day. Anyone know how the team got on? 

Lost 3-0.  Nicky Clark and Glass also played.

5 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

That's a tough one to take TBH.

I had got my hopes up after the Dees were insistent we were signing him. Hopefully it wasn't our financial woes that prevented it.

He’s heard we’re going into administration tomorrow.

8 hours ago, low-life said:

Yip, obviously Mgrath aint coming so who can we get. Scrolls to the bottom to Middleton who stunk the place out with saints last year. 

He just didnt look arsed tbh.

Being played out of position, seeing the ball about twice all match, and randomly being dropped without any logic likely does that to players who are promised to be first choice in a favoured position, though.

If you get him permanently you might get his best, although i think he'll always be inconsistent and even his best was just massive moments amongst spells of being invisible. Hed be a better signing than Mackay-Steven IMO.

Middleton looked to me like he has something when I've seen him play (which is probably only 2 or 3 games everr). Wingers at that age and in struggling teams are hard to judge though. He could develop into a Craig Conway/GMS or he could be completely shite.

FT: AZ 1 - 0 Tulza 

There’ll be some bumholes twitching from those that have already booked their Amsterdam flights.

Would still expect AZ to squeeze through in Bosnia, but Tulza weren’t bad.

12 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

That's a tough one to take TBH.

I had got my hopes up after the Dees were insistent we were signing him. Hopefully it wasn't our financial woes that prevented it.

Not to piss on your parade Mark but it was actually a Dundee United fan who insisted on it.

Could have been improved by having the macron logo etc in tangerine, but very nice.

Scratch that! What the f**k is that 'United in Pursuit' pish being embroidered onto the kit for?

Edited by ArabFC

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

image.jpeg.8b822f252585d0915751e9c0e7d8e666.jpeg

Very poor.  My option was better.

Amyway, wtf is happening on the signing front.  Since Ross was quoted as saying he wants four more outfield players we have only signed a goalie.