The Dundee United Thread 22/23

22 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

And we just paid 300k for a player. The 90s are back!!

Not necessarily. I have heard it was only £100,000, 25% sell on fee and a % of (any) world cup fee.

Either way we do have to be careful of the fees, the money coming in has to cover the losses as well, which are.coming down. I just think I don't see anyone other than the obvious paying £500k. The last time we all did it oushed the prices up of all players and led to many of the issues we've all struggled with iver the last 20 years. IMHO of course.

26 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Heard a rumour Hertz have offered us GMS as compensation for Neilson.

If true (which I don't think it is), and as much as I loved GMS when he was here, id be telling them to go forth and f**k themselves. 

Heard that as well. If that is the case, then they are trying to avoid a tribunal which suggests they are not 100% confident of their original position.  Take them to the tribunal receive the money and invest in a player we actually need and want.

Just now, Tannadeechee said:

Heard that as well. If that is the case, then they are trying to avoid a tribunal which suggests they are not 100% confident of their original position.  Take them to the tribunal receive the money and invest in a player we actually need and want.

They've not got a good record when it comes to legal proceedings when we're involved so I'll assume they're shitting it now.

An award in our favour would have a big knock on towards any Shankland bid. And maybe even bolster ours if we're considering moving for him.

That in itself would he fucking glorious. 

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

They've not got a good record when it comes to legal proceedings when we're involved so I'll assume they're shitting it now.

An award in our favour would have a big knock on towards any Shankland bid. And maybe even bolster ours if we're considering moving for him.

The tribunal folk still owe us for Charlie fucking Telfer

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Ding ding ding BINGO

1 hour ago, Tannadeechee said:

Not necessarily. I have heard it was only £100,000, 25% sell on fee and a % of (any) world cup fee.

Either way we do have to be careful of the fees, the money coming in has to cover the losses as well, which are.coming down. I just think I don't see anyone other than the obvious paying £500k. The last time we all did it oushed the prices up of all players and led to many of the issues we've all struggled with iver the last 20 years. IMHO of course.

Man  Utd are automatically entitled to a cut of the world cup fee. 

Any club the player was registered to over past two years get a cut. 

I can't see why Man Uts would be nickle and diming over 50k here and 50k there. They probably make more on sock sales in Taiwan. 

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
2 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:
If true (which I don't think it is), and as much as I loved GMS when he was here, id be telling them to go forth and f**k themselves. 

Craig Gordon or GTF

I think big Ogren would and should be asking for some of that Maroon Pound. 

Not a geriatric (while still very good) goalkeeper on wages we'd be mental to be giving him. Plus we've got Charlie, Ryan and Ross. We dont really need a goal keeper with that defence.

3 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

GMS has zero monetary value, probably costs us a decent wage and isn't very good. If we were somehow able to punt him and avoid the hassle of a tribunal it'd be a win, so "shitting it" seems a bit of a reach.

Any fee for Neilson is covered by the Hickey money banked today, not to mention the millions of guaranteed extra revenue from Europe and additional season ticket sales.

2 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Man  Utd are automatically entitled to a cut of the world cup fee. 

Any club the player was registered to over past two years get a cut. 

I can't see why Man Uts would be nickle and diming over 50k here and 50k there. They probably make more on sock sales in Taiwan. 

It is us, it allows us to get a player, we shouldn't be able to afford, at the lowest possible fee. But due to how it has been constructed Man U get a fee and (potential) sell on fee that gives them what they feel they are warranted.

2 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

GMS plus 40% sell on. Everyone’s a winner. I wouldn’t see GMS starting every week but he’d be a useful option and the sentimental value would be worth it. Still very fond of the wee man.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Mackay Steven can gtf.

Because he chose to make a few quid and go to Celtic?  Fair enough. I’ve no hard feelings personally. He came in for nothing, entertained us for a few years and then left for a fee. I’d be happy to watch him eek out his twilight years with a few cameo nutmeg appearances. 

Disclaimer: I have been out in the sun all day and now making a hefty dent in the local red wine. Probably not the best time to be offering advice on contractual matters.

39 minutes ago, DC92 said:

GMS has zero monetary value, probably costs us a decent wage and isn't very good. If we were somehow able to punt him and avoid the hassle of a tribunal it'd be a win, so "shitting it" seems a bit of a reach.

Any fee for Neilson is covered by the Hickey money banked today, not to mention the millions of guaranteed extra revenue from Europe and additional season ticket sales.

I'm noting it quoted in Edinburgh papers that Hearts didn't include a %age sell on clause in their transfer contract for Hickey. That seems a bit foolish in light of the £18 million reported fee Bologna received. 

I'm noting it quoted in Edinburgh papers that Hearts didn't include a %age sell on clause in their transfer contract for Hickey. That seems a bit foolish in light of the £18 million reported fee Bologna received. 
yep read it was a fixed 6 figure fee [emoji3]

3 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Yeah, it's reported as a 6 figure fee. One of many clownshoe moves by the club at that time, unfortunately.

27 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Because he chose to make a few quid and go to Celtic?  Fair enough. I’ve no hard feelings personally. He came in for nothing, entertained us for a few years and then left for a fee. I’d be happy to watch him eek out his twilight years with a few cameo nutmeg appearances. 

Disclaimer: I have been out in the sun all day and now making a hefty dent in the local red wine. Probably not the best time to be offering advice on contractual matters.

I liked him up until his last season when he couldn’t give a shit.  Only performed when the cameras were there.

I have no problem with a player wanting to move to a bigger club and try to develop their career, I think any player worth their salt wants to develop and improve.

Just don’t give up on the club that’s still paying your wages or the fans who are putting their money into that club.

Team fly to Spain tomorrow for a week of training and a game v Port Vale.

Would have liked to have seen another couple signings on board by now, but if they’re of similar quality to Levitt and Fletcher I will forgive the club for taking their time.