The Dundee United Thread 22/23

If we have £300k and can get him on a three year contract then we absolutely should. His contributions last season probably made at least that much in higher prize money and he’s a 21 year old British full international. He could easily go for 5x that next summer.

Possibly get that back, but than why wouldn't other much richer teams pay that as pocket change then loan him to cash in after the world cup. He will get paid five possibly ten times as much in the Championship or even League One. 

Just for clarity our average wage last season was 1.2k p/w. We already have e500k for Europe win or lose, next tie is e750k win or lose then you are I to the group's for 3m euro. To do that we possibly beat West Ham, Villareal, Nice, Fiorentina.....😂

Edited by DUFC_

There wouldn't be a better value signing in Scotland this summer than Levitt for £300k. Whether or not we can afford it is a different matter.

If we're going to go down the admin route that's the sort of signings I want to put us there.

2 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Very well, ive just made her breakfast in bed

The kitchen is the place for making breakfast, bed is for other things.

That said, it’s a long time since I made breakfast.

300k would just be the starting point for Levitt. United would get a big slice of any future fee and I'd imagine appearances etc would increase the base fee. 

Worth every penny. You would absolutely see it all back in future. 

Would be a massive statement of intent if we signed Levitt, Shanks and Fletch. 

Hopefully Gogic gets confirmed so we've got the more rough and tumble centre mid that will be needed. Think we're set for width in terms of players here with lads like Niskanen, Chalmers and Freeman able to provide it from various positions (McMann and Smith too but to a lesser extent). 

22 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Hopefully Gogic gets confirmed so we've got the more rough and tumble centre mid that will be needed. Think we're set for width in terms of players here with lads like Niskanen, Chalmers and Freeman able to provide it from various positions (McMann and Smith too but to a lesser extent). 

That's just about the most depressing thing I've ever read.

22 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

300k would just be the starting point for Levitt. United would get a big slice of any future fee and I'd imagine appearances etc would increase the base fee. 

Worth every penny. You would absolutely see it all back in future. 

Would be a massive statement of intent if we signed Levitt, Shanks and Fletch. 

All the wide players you’ve mentioned in my opinion are absolutely miles off what we need