The Dundee United Thread 22/23

If Tam moves to Rijeka its very much a case of him doing a good job and using it as a stepping stone to a bigger league. 

My thoughts are that the unnamed English club/s are likely to poach him. Tam is very much a family man and has his own ambitions and a move to England is probably much more likely. 

It does surprise me that he's had one year of full time management under his belt and thinks he's capable of taking on the next step already, but fair play to him. Let's face it, if any one of us got offered a job promotion with more money, you'd be stupid to say no. 

19 minutes ago, FIFE ARABIAN said:

If Tam moves to Rijeka its very much a case of him doing a good job and using it as a stepping stone to a bigger league. 

My thoughts are that the unnamed English club/s are likely to poach him. Tam is very much a family man and has his own ambitions and a move to England is probably much more likely. 

It does surprise me that he's had one year of full time management under his belt and thinks he's capable of taking on the next step already, but fair play to him. Let's face it, if any one of us got offered a job promotion with more money, you'd be stupid to say no. 

The Croatian league isn't a bigger league than the SPFL. 

1 hour ago, Gorgie greatness said:

I remember someone of a similar ilk called soapy souttar 🤭

Souttar is the best defender to come through the ranks at United since, well, probably Narey.

Neilson is the 3rd best defender to come through the ranks in the last couple of years.

Fair fucks if you think you've got one over us, but I'd dampen expectations if I were you.

Thank Christ someone’s made a move for Courts otherwise the thread would be on page 4.

I’m not too bothered if Tam goes but I’m bothered who Fat Tony (who seems to be in love with himself) appoints as his replacement.

37 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

At the time the United fans were saying he was shite, and that they were not fussed.

Every fanbase have fools that can't recognise talent and I'm sure many were a bit pissed by the team's overall shiteness of the team allied by the fact Souttar had been getting used in midfield because 'he was good on the ball'.

My own opinion at the time was that Souttar was a great talent and my opinion of Neilson is that he'll probably make a career in the game but not at this level.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Thank Christ someone’s made a move for Courts otherwise the thread would be on page 4.

I’m not too bothered if Tam goes but I’m bothered who Fat Tony (who seems to be in love with himself) appoints as his replacement.

What makes you think he 'seems to be in love with himself'? The criticism he gets is uncalled for, given we've improved every season he's been at the helm. 

Toys were out the pram at the start of last season, Courts was getting the sack by October according to some, we were getting relegated.

We should save our complaints for when things go wrong as they always eventually do.

Edited by Dundee Hibernian

4 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Every fanbase have fools that can't recognise talent and I'm sure many were a bit pissed by the team's overall shiteness of the team allied by the fact Souttar had been getting used in midfield because 'he was good on the ball'.

My own opinion at the time was that Souttar was a great talent and my opinion of Neilson is that he'll probably make a career in the game but not at this level.

That could be the tagline for P&B.

1 minute ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

What makes you think he 'seems to be in love with himself'? The criticism he gets is uncalled for, given we've improved every season he's been at the helm. 

Toys were out the pram at the start of last season, Courts was getting the sack by October according to some, we were getting relegated.

We should save our complaints for when things go wrong as they always eventually do.

Aye, OK Tony’s mum.

18 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

I imagine many of those fools were also part of the small but vocal group of fuckwits who kicked off at Souttar and from then on held a grudge after he wished GMS and Armstrong well on twitter the night they transferred to Celtic. 

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

This is 100% true: 10 teams in that league, but 12 in Scotland.

Almost certain I said stepping stone to a bigger league. 

Also said Tam would be away to England. 

And in all honesty if a club are paying us 6 figures in compensation they must have a wee bit of cash. 

2 hours ago, ArabFC said:

I was the same with Pressley when he joined us. Folk were calling him shite. Madness.