The Dundee United Thread 22/23

I think he’s sensible enough to f**k off at the sniff of this experience.  Fails he’s back managing you boys or Killie next season.  Del Boy to Arabs and next manager of  Killie Stevie Naismith.  Might be the reason fowler left Killie today.  
Maloney to replace Tam would be a laugh mind you. 

13 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

In terms of Tam being away, fair fucks to the guy. Hes been given pelters all season (rightly so at times) and, well, hes off to a country thats actually good at playing nice football. Id be off if I was getting pelters from an arsehole like me too.

Maybe his "philosophy" will come to fruition over there.

00128377.jpg.f4497d0c38d01293c47a99eadd826947.jpg

licensed-image.thumb.jpeg.ccfb5333b9249856747ad6b352d6a66c.jpeg

Its basically Dundee with more sun and without the bridge to Fife. Theyve even got the multis and the odd shitey wee boat. Just no Law. Points dropped but a good effort. 

Still sounds good to me

And neh junkehs hingin' aboot the harbour ehther  😇

16 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

In terms of Tam being away, fair fucks to the guy. Hes been given pelters all season (rightly so at times) and, well, hes off to a country thats actually good at playing nice football. Id be off if I was getting pelters from an arsehole like me too.

Its basically Dundee with more sun and without the bridge to Fife. Theyve even got the multis and the odd shitey wee boat. Just no Law. Points dropped but a good effort. 

Still sounds good to me

I've been there, and couldn't find a pub. 35 years ago right enough. See they've already appointed a Head Coach., according to Wiki.

MM.thumb.jpg.9ab7e511bbe42a153374b1fad47b71f3.jpg

1 hour ago, hearthammer said:

Just to add that Conrad Courts was also a very good player at that level as well as Tam, who, if i recall correctly, had a stint with East Fife (??) at lower league senior level.  He's a decent guy who deserves a good go at managerial levels in Scotland or abroad.

Tam played a few times for Livi in the old First Division

2 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Still sounds good to me

Spent slightly too long staring at the first picture there, thinking "f**k me, it actually is the spitting image".

4 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

I think he’s sensible enough to f**k off at the sniff of this experience.  Fails he’s back managing you boys or Killie next season.  Del Boy to Arabs and next manager of  Killie Stevie Naismith.  Might be the reason fowler left Killie today.  
Maloney to replace Tam would be a laugh mind you. 

Fowler and Jack Ross getting back together at the Arabs?

10 hours ago, ArabFC said:

Listening to Sportscene and they're slavering away how Rijeka are playing at a far higher level than United.

They finished 4th in the Croatian league and therefore could play us if they win through in the ECL - so in a lower rated league and their average home attendance last year was 3,587.

🤷‍♂️

Anyway, not really all that bothered, though would be fearful of who they brought in next.

Not sure what position they were a few years ago but did they not absolutely destroy Aberdeen in a Europa league qualifier when they were comfortably the 3rd best team in Scotland?

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Not sure what position they were a few years ago but did they not absolutely destroy Aberdeen in a Europa league qualifier when they were comfortably the 3rd best team in Scotland?

They beat hibs last season relatively comfortably. Knocked us out a few seasons ago but we were shite at that time in all honesty (think we’d finished 4th behind killie the season before)

Saying that, we absolutely TROUNCED them on their own patch in 2015.

21 minutes ago, gannonball said:

We knocked them out 5-2 on agg in 2015..

They knocked us out 0-4 on agg in 2019...but Delboy got his tactics wrong on this occasion and Ojo was sent off early in the second leg.

Their stadium was one of the most spectacular I've ever visited and I class myself a bit of a groundhopper. But they've messed about with it since but it's location is right next to the Adriatic Sea 

I was also in with the traveling support when Rijeka played in Portugal against Vitoria Guimares. They got gubbed 0-4.  Friendly enough support though.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

10 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Marcelo Bielsa is available lads

I'd be at Tannadice every fucking week. Even when United weren't at home.

10 hours ago, dundeeunited83 said:

We should be on phone to killie first thing tomorrow morning 

Why? 

You spend enough money as it is. The last thing you need is a chequebook manager. 

Rijeka are a far bigger team than DUFC, the first eleven probably worth more than our entire operation including Tannadice. Also the Adriatic coast is absolutely nothing like Tayside, know where I would rather live and work (on his salary). Whole of Croatia has been depopulating over the last decade, the city lost 20k population in the last ten years so would not look to far into the attendances, Monaco get 5-6k. Would not make any sense for him to not seriously consider taking that job, big links to Italy also.

3 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Said ages ago Mulgrew was being set up to be the next man in the dugout. 

Sticking to that. 

If this had happened in a years time I would have thought mulgrew is in with a real chance, not against it either, however I still think he has a lot to offer on pitch 

16 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:

He’s a good manager ?

Is he? 

Done OK at St Johnstone. Failed miserably in England. Underachieved at Aberdeen. Spent a fucking fortune at Kilmarnock to win the Championship.