The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Kinda surprised McDonald is leaving - unless we don't want him. Can't see him getting a big pay-packet anywhere and he lives in the area (pretty sure).

Benji might get a slightly better gig somewhere but the days of him being linked to the Old Firm etc have disappeared.

I can't imagine Man Utd are going to extend Levitt's contract - he's never going to get a game for them nor would he command all that much of a transfer fee. So chances are he can command a bigger wage down south rather than return here.

McNulty - still convinced there's a player there somewhere, but he's had more than enough chances to show it.

Biamou and Hoti? lol

Really not a fan of Harkes despite his improvement and while I won't bemoan another contract for Neilson, I'm not convinced he has it in him to become a regular starter at this level.

Clark would be a good signing, albeit if the Swedish guy is good, why waste a wage on a 'quality' player who will rarely play when there's other areas of the team in need of attention? 

Forrest would be a great bit of business.

My disappointment in Levitt leaving is tempered by the fact that I always thought he would.

My joy in McNulty leaving is not tempered by anything.

I wasn’t impressed by McDonald though accept others were.

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

I think McDonald was a useful guy to have around. He wasn't very dynamic, understandably, but he's a very clever and tidy player. A good guy to bring on with 20 minutes to go to shore up the midfield and calm everyone down.

I’d rather we signed some scousers for that.

5ED00393-B08C-417F-8811-40A46CF76DEF.gif.2f0f6ac0bc89f70e57f793482d5d5a10.gif

Benji - will be a big miss despite his erratic form of late

Mcdonald - wouldve kept him personally. He has something to offer and a preseason under his belt wouldve improved his sharpness etc

Levitt - huge loss

McNulty - thank f**k hes gone

Biamou - who?

Hoti - not good enough

As has been mentioned, i havent seen enough from Neilson to say that he deserves another contract. He never kicked on the way Ross Graham has unfortunately so an extension is a bit of a surprise

35 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Bit harsh on Neilson. Still only 19 and has had a few injuries. Looks a player to me though maybe suffers from being asked to fill in at different positions without establishing one as his own.

Maybe. Im not writing him off, just havent seen anything in his performances up til now that suggest he has more levels in him. Time will tell i suppose

38 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Bit harsh on Neilson. Still only 19 and has had a few injuries. Looks a player to me though maybe suffers from being asked to fill in at different positions without establishing one as his own.

wasn't it only last January he was linked with a move to Leicester? think the club will renew if only to ensure of a fee but he needs to kick on to get in our team deffo

41 minutes ago, GFARAB82 said:

wasn't it only last January he was linked with a move to Leicester? think the club will renew if only to ensure of a fee but he needs to kick on to get in our team deffo

"Linked with a move" is fairly meaningless. Garry Kenneth was once linked with move to Chelsea.

8 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

"Linked with a move" is fairly meaningless. Garry Kenneth was once linked with move to Chelsea.

Leicester had a fee agreed and it was pretty much done at our end but the lad rejected the move. Suggestion is after refusing hes being forced out and also maybe being played in other positions to attempt to showcase him to scouts.

"

Leicester City had a bid for Lewis Neilson accepted during the January transfer window, but the Dundee United man rejected the chance to move, according to a report from The Sun on Sunday (7/2; page 60).

The 17-year-old is attracting attention after a fine start to life in the first-team at Tannadice. He has made nine appearances in the Scottish Premiership this season, including seven starts."

Edited by GFARAB82

32 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Any word on who we’re looking to bring in?  Informed views would be best failing which I’ll accept wild speculation.

Alan Forrest. Highly probable 

Tiffoney. Approached but has other offers 

Anderson. Almost definite

Mullen. Maybe maybe maybe 

Hungbo. Not likely but available 

14 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Alan Forrest. Highly probable 

Tiffoney. Approached but has other offers 

Anderson. Almost definite

Mullen. Maybe maybe maybe 

Hungbo. Not likely but available 

Who is Anderson is that the Livy striker 

I would be keen to get Neilson signed up.  He's only 19 and clearly has footballing ability.  I dont think he has been managed particularly well and has probably suffered from being shunted around a couple of positions.

I see parallels between him and John Souttar - both came into the side young in one of the most difficult positions for youngsters to play, both decent on the ball which leads them to being asked to cover other positions, both suffer bad injuries at a young age.  Would hope that we learn from mistakes from Souttar, especially as Neilson has Edwards and Mulgrew to learn from whereas, in his last season, Souttar was playing with Calum Morris and Coll Donaldson.