The Dundee United Thread 22/23

23 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
49 minutes ago, K.T said:
Max Anderson got the 2nd best red card I’ve seen earlier this season. It would be hard to see better than Daley-Campbell’s beautiful mortal kombat kick red card though.

Tam McManus being sent off for booting Barry Robson up the arse remains the funniest red card I have ever seen. Although Ian Black's red card in the Rangers Version 2.0 Boycott Game at Tannadice is a very close second

I enjoyed the Dean Windass three at Tannadice.

Shit beaten to it!

Edited by Granny Danger

Funniest red card is a good thread idea in general.
Willo Flood losing it against Livi, and Dean Windass's 3 red meltdown for Aberdeen against us deserve mention. Jordan Jones cementing himself trying to impress the Sevco fans would be up there as a non-United one.
Oh aye, Willo's meltdown against Livi was very funny in hindsight. Not so much at the time tbh

59 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Funniest red card is a good thread idea in general.

Willo Flood losing it against Livi, and Dean Windass's 3 red meltdown for Aberdeen against us deserve mention. Jordan Jones cementing himself trying to impress the Sevco fans would be up there as a non-United one.

Wato Kuate & Gavin Gunning have both had strong entries for United in recent years. 

30 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

Wato Kuate & Gavin Gunning have both had strong entries for United in recent years. 

Wato wasn't sent off with us, and although Gunning had an odd dismissal v Hibs, I'm thinking you are on about meltdowns, rather than sendings off.

Both had funny meltdowns I'd agree, but they weren't amusing at the time.

20 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Wato wasn't sent off with us, and although Gunning had an odd dismissal v Hibs, I'm thinking you are on about meltdowns, rather than sendings off.

Both had funny meltdowns I'd agree, but they weren't amusing at the time.

You’re right - I was sure Kuate had been sent off when he went off at the bottom goal at Tannadice, but he’d just been hooked. I did think that was quite funny at the time tbh. 

Edited by Junior_Arab

37 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

You’re right - I was sure Kuate had been sent off when he went off at the bottom goal at Tannadice, but he’d just been hooked. I did think that was quite funny at the time tbh. 

Just had a wee look at Kuate’s Wiki page.  He’s only 26 and his time at United is possibly not the worst in his career!

9 hours ago, skinny arab said:

Chic Charnley getting sent off for volleying Robbie Winters after Dave Bowman had spent all of the match kicking and niggling at him was quite amusing. 

Michael Stewart having a few heads gone moments and a red card against us when he played for Hertz. Once in the game just after Phil O'Donnel passing away and one after that I think. He could never get near Gomis who usually ripped the pish out of him. He just couldn't handle it. 

Players like Ian Harkes are the reason we wont progress as a club. I refuse to believe there are players out there that arent better than him and would cost just as much in wages. Hes the token american to keep the owners happy imho

1 hour ago, Twinkle said:

Players like Ian Harkes are the reason we wont progress as a club. I refuse to believe there are players out there that arent better than him and would cost just as much in wages. Hes the token american to keep the owners happy imho

IMO Harkes has been offered slightly improved terms as we'll be sans another "experienced" player come the summer. 

6 hours ago, Twinkle said:

This ☝️