The Dundee United Thread 22/23

4 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Bit of a scapegoat and works hard as anything.  Sparks a confidence player.  I am doubtful you could attract better. 

Aye he works hard but misses chance after chance and I'd be more than happy if he was to leave at the end of the season. Its not worked for him or us and a fresh start would be good for both.   

Would far prefer a physical presence up front . 

Theres space in the car for Clark and Pawlett if your interested as well.

6 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

You boys have secured top six after years of utter shite and want to rid of half the team? :lol: 

I here Shaun Maloney is a big fan of McNulty so fingers crossed for you.

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I here Shaun Maloney is a big fan of McNulty so fingers crossed for you.

It's hear and there's no chance he will be back at us under current management.  We both know who he would choose if given the option though despite being a massive Celtc fan ;)

14 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

It's hear and there's no chance he will be back at us under current management.  We both know who he would choose if given the option though despite being a massive Celtc fan ;)

Aye he’s more suited to a bottom half club.

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Aye he’s more suited to a bottom half club.

Your club has finished top six for the first time in about 10 years.. no need to be a tit.  I know it's a big deal and a good time to gloat etc. 

43 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

I would be gutted if he chose yous over us, gutted I tell you.

6 minutes ago, RB-Scotland said:

I would be gutted if he chose yous over us, gutted I tell you.

There's no offer from Hibernian and he's been offered a deal by you guys.   He wants to go back down south though. 

As much as I hate you p***ks only giving you info'. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

3 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

McNulty has been offered a contract by you boys.   I think he wants back down the road again though. 

no-noo.gif.03c5e1e521fbc350a207d546dfa8a2c5.gif

However it was fucking obvious our idiot Manager and Sporting Director would do something daft like this.

On 11/04/2022 at 01:59, ArabFC said:

I actually believe there's a player in there somewhere but I don't blame anyone for writing him off as we very very rarely ever see it.

I agree with this (although it appears to be a rather unpopular opinion amongst Arabs) but, as you say, we see it very rarely and the formation/style that we play really does not suit him.  If he was playing up-front in a two with a Jon Daly type number 9 I'm sure he would have scored a lot more goals for us. 

As we have Watt signed up for the next couple of years, there is just no room for McNulty (unless he is willing to take a squad player wage...).  

16 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

While his energy and general running about has been missed, he is very replaceable imo.

If we can't find a player that is an improvement on McNulty then we need to sack our scouts.  Talking of which, I miss the days of our scouts digging up proper random players that I had never heard of - bring on the next Prince Buaben or Fran Sandaza...

11 hours ago, Aladdin said:

I dont mind keeping Harkes as a squad player - we need to replace Fuchs, ideally to be playing alongside Levitt next year.  Butcher doesnt cut it in that role.

I'd be disappointed if Harkes left - when Levitt goes back to Man U (and let's not kid ourselves - he is going to have offers from a host of teams that can pay a lot more than us) our midfield is going to be very, very light in terms of creativity - especially with Pawlett out long-term.  

8 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Bit of a scapegoat and works hard as anything. 

Sparks a confidence player. 

I am doubtful you could attract better. 

The first sentence is absolutely correct - he is the current scapegoat (it moves quarter by quarter) and is almost certainly not as bad as some of us Arabs make out.  We were far more patient with the likes of Sporle, who produced even less even more infrequently.

The second sentence may well be correct - but we have never seen him playing full of confidence.  The closest I can think of was at home to Killie late last season - he was our best player that night, and that is likely the reason we brought him back this season. 

The third sentence may well also be correct - but if we can't, that's more of an indictment on our dreadful scouting network than it is confirmation that McNulty is good...

8 hours ago, low-life said:

Theres space in the car for Clark and Pawlett if your interested as well.

Nicky Clark gets far too much stick on here, in my eyes - the guy has 40 goals for us.  At 30 he certainly isn't getting any quicker, but he has been a very consistent performer for us and is more than good enough for our squad.  If he goes in the summer it will cost a lot to replace him.

8 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

You boys have secured top six after years of utter shite and want to rid of half the team? :lol: 

We are an odd bunch, us Arabs, what else can I say?  We hate Pawlett and Harkes - then we love them - then we hate them etc. 

And, in relation to McNulty, we have very short memories - not so long ago we had the likes of Craig Curran up top...