The Dundee United Thread 22/23

2 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Shagging every c***s wife. Battering folk shagging his wife and then battering her. 

Mental health break because he's lost the plot and went AWOL in Amsterdam loads of other pish too. 

He's fine just injured BTW. 

Non monogamous relationship thread for this pish.

I've hardly paid attention to football since we brought in Chuckles, but every time I saw Tony Watt play for United on Sportscene he easily looked to be your best player up front. In the last derby he was a right bugger for us to deal with, especially compared to that wooden carthorse McNulty.

I'd also say I would've thought Clark is due more credit than he gets, about as consistent a scorer as you lot have had since Shanks buggered off (not that this suggests that goalscoring has been a strength for you).

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

7 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Better strike rate than Watt tbf.

That is true, and I actually like Nicky Clark. He has scored some very important goals for the club since he came, and when he leaves, I will always believe he has been a good servant to United.

Watt on the other hand has been great since he came in. It is not all about goals. He has had a number of class assists this season which have turned 1 point into 3 on more than one occasion, and anyone who is judging him just by goals scored is not looking at the bigger picture.

This is not making pish excuses for a lower than expected goal scoring tally. Like all teams we have had our fair share of dross January signings. Watt is absolutely not one of them, and overall performance and results are noticeably poorer when he is not on the pitch.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

that wooden carthorse McNulty

You are giving him a better write-up than he deserves.
I honestly can't work out what it is that McNulty brings to the team. He's not fast, he's not a "clever" player. He doesn't win long balls (in fact all he does is try to get himself fouled when a long ball comes towards him). His passing is woeful, his movement in the box is non-existent. I can't remember ever seeing him trying to "get across" a defender as they say good strikers are meant to do.
United should play one of the kids rather than him. Or a defender out of position.
In fact, watching McNulty gives me an inferiority complex! I keep wondering what is it that I'm not seeing that the staff of a professional football club DO see? I clearly know F all about the game.
I read that rumour about Dundee's Danny Mullen supposedly signing a pre-contract at Tannadice (I'll believe it when I see it!) and a few DFC folks saying "no loss". But he has to be better than McNulty. From what I've seen of Mullen, at least he looks like he gives a F!

6 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

This @Thorfinn's write ups a long winded and boring. Bring back the Stu, IMO. 

Depends upon your level of intelligence (your ability to type an error-free sentence counts against you in that respect), and your ability to concentrate on one subject for 10 seconds or more. 
Some people who peruse football forums enjoy talking about football.

14 hours ago, MacArab said:

That is true, and I actually like Nicky Clark. He has scored some very important goals for the club since he came, and when he leaves, I will always believe he has been a good servant to United.

This. Clark gets way more criticism than he merits. He's not a first choice starter for any team that wants to be top six, but more than capable of filling in for injuries and giving an option off the bench.

The problem is when managers try and shoehorn him into midfield.

Watt is way better though. Way, way better.

Butch in todays training pictures. Would be quite happy to play the derby with 10 men if it involved Butcher putting fat Charlie into the top tier of the Fair Play stand in the first five minutes

1 hour ago, Twinkle said:

Butch in todays training pictures. Would be quite happy to play the derby with 10 men if it involved Butcher putting fat Charlie into the top tier of the Fair Play stand in the first five minutes

oh please...make it so ! 

But then, he'd be fine with that as it's 'a man's game'...aye ?

23 minutes ago, Alan_G said:

uh oh
"Uefa introduces 70% squad cost rule as part of new financial regulations"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60973786
"Uefa has brought in new financial regulations which will limit clubs' spending on wages, transfers and agents' fees to 70% of their revenue."

Uh oh?

This is good. Stop the madness.

1 hour ago, Alan_G said:

I mean uh oh cos we are running at what - 133% so will need to half wage bill

That’s unsustainable anyway and we’ve got three years.  Winning the UEFA Cup next season should bring in a bit of extra cash.