The Dundee United Thread 22/23

9 minutes ago, dregs 83 said:

Heard no more than that but sincerely hope there’s nothing to it- always seemed like a decent guy off the pitch and probably as close to a club legend as we currently have in the playing squad.

Thought you were a Dundee fan on about Danny Mullen for a second. Nearly choked.

It'd be some laugh if Danny Mullen got another top flight gig after us as despite being our top scorer, he's a Championship level player that you can hope for 5-10 a season at that level and offers a bit of running.

I know you lads aren't his biggest fan, but I'd have Nicky Clark every day of the week ahead of Mullen.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Thought you were a Dundee fan on about Danny Mullen for a second. Nearly choked.

It'd be some laugh if Danny Mullen got another top flight gig after us as despite being our top scorer, he's a Championship level player that you can hope for 5-10 a season at that level and offers a bit of running.

I know you lads aren't his biggest fan, but I'd have Nicky Clark every day of the week ahead of Mullen.

Better strike rate than Watt tbf.

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd have Clark ahead of Tony Watt as well tbf. Purple patch season doesn't change that!

Tell me you know f**k all about football without telling me you know f**k all about football

1 minute ago, Twinkle said:

Tell me you know f**k all about football without telling me you know f**k all about football

What's their respective goalscoring records? What's it been since they've both been at United together?

I appreciate that it won't be the popular view right now, but I wonder how they'll both be thought of once they've left United.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

What's their respective goalscoring records? What's it been since they've both been at United together?

I appreciate that it won't be the popular view right now, but I wonder how they'll both be thought of once they've left United.

Id be stunned if even one United fan on here would have Clark over Watt mate. Id say its more to do with their all round game rather than goal scoring. United could have Harry Kane up top and still struggle to score goals

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yeah you know better than the folk who watch United week in week out.

4 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Id be stunned if even one United fan on here would have Clark over Watt mate. Id say its more to do with their all round game rather than goal scoring. United could have Harry Kane up top and still struggle to score goals

Oh, absolutely at the moment, I don't doubt that there's a single United fan that would have Clark over Watt. I just think it could be different come the end of their United spells is all.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah you know better than the folk who watch United week in week out.

Well, naturally, if it includes the like of you.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd have Clark ahead of Tony Watt as well tbf. Purple patch season doesn't change that!

Tony Watt is a player. Really, a player. 
There are guys at all clubs who have the experience to play the game in an effective way. They have learned how to best use their strengths, or their specific talents. Stephen Dobbie was such a man at QoS, a really clever player. Jim Duffy at Dundee, Andy Ritchie at Morton. There are lots of examples going back decades.
Watt is one of them. He'll be better next season, and better again the season after that.
Other players just get older and slower and never seem to quite learn the tricks.

3 minutes ago, Thorfinn said:

There are guys at all clubs who have the experience to play the game in an effective way. They have learned how to best use their strengths, or their specific talents. Stephen Dobbie was such a man at QoS, a really clever player. Jim Duffy at Dundee, Andy Ritchie at Morton. There are lots of examples going back decades.
Watt is one of them. He'll be better next season, and better again the season after that.
Other players just get older and slower and never seem to quite learn the tricks.

Bold take.

Suppose we'll see.

I think at the very least, I've guaranteed him a goal or 2 this weekend!

can't help thinking your wrong,his form has been up and down like a whooors drawers his whole career,what makes you think he's away to turn into Messi [emoji848]

57 minutes ago, Baldie1980 said:

can't help thinking your wrong,his form has been up and down like a whooors drawers his whole career,what makes you think he's away to turn into Messi emoji848.png

I didn't say Messi! I said clever and perhaps by extension hinted at "effective" . . . and would further qualify it (if pushed) by adding "by Scottish football standards".
As an Aberdeen man you will recall that Frank McDougall wasn't the most skilful man ever to play the game. But he was effective. Duncan Shearer was probably an even better example. A very good player.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

What's Butcher alleged to have done?

Shagging every c***s wife. Battering folk shagging his wife and then battering her. 

Mental health break because he's lost the plot and went AWOL in Amsterdam loads of other pish too. 

He's fine just injured BTW. 

I didn't say Messi! I said clever and perhaps by extension hinted at "effective" . . . and would further qualify it (if pushed) by adding "by Scottish football standards".
As an Aberdeen man you will recall that Frank McDougall wasn't the most skilful man ever to play the game. But he was effective. Duncan Shearer was probably an even better example. A very good player.
yeah I'll give you that.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I will defend Nicky Clark more than most, but there is absolutely no way he is a better player than Tony Watt.