The Dundee United Thread 22/23

It's still better than Czababall, and I am still thankful for that!
Indeed. We've come a long way, and we are (barring a very unlikely set of results) on course for our first top 6 finish in seven years. And yet nobody seems happy. We still have a vague stench of underachievement. I genuinely can't tell if we'd be doing better with another manager. Would I rather have (say) Shaun Maloney, Stephen Robinson or Graham Alexander in charge? Probably not.

35 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
1 hour ago, Big Shedboy said:
It's still better than Czababall, and I am still thankful for that!

Indeed. We've come a long way, and we are (barring a very unlikely set of results) on course for our first top 6 finish in seven years. And yet nobody seems happy. We still have a vague stench of underachievement. I genuinely can't tell if we'd be doing better with another manager. Would I rather have (say) Shaun Maloney, Stephen Robinson or Graham Alexander in charge? Probably not.

I feel like we’re going round in circles with this discussion, but I think a couple of relatively small things would go a long way to making the experience more enjoyable.  Like having a striker who can score.

19 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I feel like we’re going round in circles with this discussion, but I think a couple of relatively small things would go a long way to making the experience more enjoyable.  Like having a striker who can score.

youre-crazy-im-not-listening-to-you.gif.974a46f6a4e9b043899d2137ea16409e.gif

4 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

We're not great to watch, although nobody would have complained at the start of the season with being in this position at this stage. It does seem odd that hardly anyone has spoken about European football, given where we are. It might be apathy, but then again we've sold out the derby and we took 2000 to Easter Road, so people seem to still be willing to pay money to watch United. I can't quite work it out.

Fair play for being able to watch the boat race during the Hibs game when the boat race didn't take place until the day after, though. That's some going.

The point being, whatever I was watching instead of the game (which I paid £15 for) wasn't exactly memorable in itself.

I don't think a goalscoring forward (as if that's an easy get) would solve the murderball dilemma - we were brutal to watch with Shankland too.

We just play dreadful football. It's effective in so much as 90% would have taken a top six finish if offered it at the season's start, but still... meh!

32 minutes ago, dregs 83 said:

Anyone seen the rumours that Butcher has done something serious and he won’t be playing for us again?

4 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

No

I saw someone post something on Pie and Bovril.