The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Hard to grumble with a point at Easter Rd and (almost) guaranteed top 6 but I'm up to the challenge.

For 70 minutes we didn't even try to win that. Defending like 1-0 up in the 97th in a cup final. 

McNulty like a man down again, Sporle looks like he has won a prize to play and Niskanen needs to take a shot.

I am happy though. Graham, Levitt, Watt and Cudjoe all looked excellent. If we can add a striker I'm quote optimistic about next season . 

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Graham, Levitt, Watt and Cudjoe all looked excellent. If we can add a striker I'm quote optimistic about next season . 

We need two strikers minimum

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Lewandowski looks like he is leaving Bayern.

He's 33, so a bit of a gamble, but he'd probably be an upgrade on McNulty

Olofsson is 56 and would be an upgrade on McNulty.

Given that we're all but guaranteed top six and it looks like Dundee are going down, all should be great, yet I am laden with an overwhelming feeling of meh!

We've got the derby coming up and then a few big games in which we could get a European spot for the first time in a decade, so some excitement ahead, but by and large I just can't watch this murderball - I had the Hibs game on my iPad, but it was generally background noise as I watched something else on the TV.

f**k, I may have even watched the Boat Race - that's how dull we are.

1 minute ago, ArabFC said:

Given that we're all but guaranteed top six and it looks like Dundee are going down, all should be great, yet I am laden with an overwhelming feeling of meh!

We've got the derby coming up and then a few big games in which we could get a European spot for the first time in a decade, so some excitement ahead, but by and large I just can't watch this murderball - I had the Hibs game on my iPad, but it was generally background noise as I watched something else on the TV.

Yeah it’s bizarre, a rookie manager getting us a top six spot yet I am equally underwhelmed.

Maybe you and I are just unreasonable.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Yeah it’s bizarre, a rookie manager getting us a top six spot yet I am equally underwhelmed.

We are where we are through a mixture of some good results, a crap standard of league and some jammy results.

And very very few good performances. 

Top 6 was what the club said was a minimum and I guess after the Derby we'll know if weve hit that target or not.

If we're top 6 i hope the manager goes a bit more attacking as we're home and dry in 6th at least. Give us some entertaining stuff at least.

We're not great to watch, although nobody would have complained at the start of the season with being in this position at this stage. It does seem odd that hardly anyone has spoken about European football, given where we are. It might be apathy, but then again we've sold out the derby and we took 2000 to Easter Road, so people seem to still be willing to pay money to watch United. I can't quite work it out.

Fair play for being able to watch the boat race during the Hibs game when the boat race didn't take place until the day after, though. That's some going.

2 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

We're not great to watch, although nobody would have complained at the start of the season with being in this position at this stage. It does seem odd that hardly anyone has spoken about European football, given where we are. It might be apathy, but then again we've sold out the derby and we took 2000 to Easter Road, so people seem to still be willing to pay money to watch United. I can't quite work it out.

Fair play for being able to watch the boat race during the Hibs game when the boat race didn't take place until the day after, though. That's some going.

He'll row back on that statement I suspect.

3 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

We are where we are through a mixture of some good results, a crap standard of league and some jammy results.

And very very few good performances. 

Top 6 was what the club said was a minimum and I guess after the Derby we'll know if weve hit that target or not.

If we're top 6 i hope the manager goes a bit more attacking as we're home and dry in 6th at least. Give us some entertaining stuff at least.

I have every right to watch United, doesn’t mean I have to enjoy it!

Edited by Granny Danger

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Awful football most of the time. We go one nil up and it’s like ‘right lads let’s see if they can break us down’. Pure Mellonball crap.