19 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:
in
Allan Forrest 
Daniel Mullen 
Nick Van Veen

out 
Nicky Clark 
Marc McNulty 

Is this a wish list or something which is actually happening?

I’d stop short of calling it a wish list, but IMO a very do-able way of improving the side in its weakest area 

Our four fixtures before the split are Hearts at home, St Mirren away, Hibs away the the Fun at Tannadice.

On our present form I cannot see us making the top six, the games against St Mirren and Hibs will be key.  Yet if we can squeak 6th then it relieves the pressure enormously.

So, will we finish in the top six?

22 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Our four fixtures before the split are Hearts at home, St Mirren away, Hibs away the the Fun at Tannadice.

On our present form I cannot see us making the top six, the games against St Mirren and Hibs will be key.  Yet if we can squeak 6th then it relieves the pressure enormously.

So, will we finish in the top six?

Yes, yes we will. WWDW

2 hours ago, The Derry said:

Have you ever actually watched Danny Mullen?

8 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

When I’ve saw him,  I’ve always thought he’s played well. Have I got it wrong, does he flatter to deceive? 

You've maybe got this one wrong, any time I've seen Mullen in the flesh or on telly, I always think he's on the pitch to gain fouls, and little else. Nonetheless, he might be a more suitable proposition for us than, say, Clark, as he does seem to understand that he's a forward, not a midfielder.

14 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

You've maybe got this one wrong, any time I've seen Mullen in the flesh or on telly, I always think he's on the pitch to gain fouls, and little else. Nonetheless, he might be a more suitable proposition for us than, say, Clark, as he does seem to understand that he's a forward, not a midfielder.

I think we have enough experience of employing a striker whose main purpose does not appear to be scoring goals, having watched McNulty for 2 years.  I would prefer to try and get a big target man in.

Either way, I think we should go back to the 4-3-3/4-5-1 that looked better at the start of the season.  Harsh on young Graham but I don't like the 3-5-2 with Watt and McNulty.

We need to win 2 out of our next 4 to make top 6.

I'd guess we get pumped by Hertz, draw against the Maureens and Hibs and beat the Fun and miss out on the top 6.

Tam to claim we've been really unlucky to miss out, blame injuries, suspensions and the sale of key players and we'll end up finishing 8th. 

Tam to be promoted to new position of "Head Director of Spin and Gobbledegook" and Adam Asghar reluctantly promoted to a new position of "Head of First Team Football Selection and In Game Management Coordinator".

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

If we win today, we will be top 6. If we lose, we won't. If we draw, f**k knows. Can't see us winning in Paisley or at Easter Road, so it will probably come down to the derby. Yuck.

I actually think that today’s game is our least likely chance of winning.

On 03/03/2022 at 17:12, Twinkle said:

Danny Mullen? Fuckin hell 🤣 

We shouldnt be taking players from the diddys especially right now. Once they have players of a decent standard ie Robertson and Dixon, then we will take them. Until then, they can keep the shite theyve got

Danny Mullen is brutal.

We brought him in at the time to score goals....he dosnt do that . If you need someone to run about for say 50 minutes or so and be a wee dick then he can do that role. Where you actually play him I have nae idea but please take him. Actually find it funny he has knocked us back , even more surprised other teams in this league see something in him.

Bonnyrigg Rose was the end for me for him. Was incredible viewing.... sadly for the wrong reasons.

Happy weekend folks 

1 hour ago, Robin.Hood said:

Danny Mullen is brutal.

We brought him in at the time to score goals....he dosnt do that . If you need someone to run about for say 50 minutes or so and be a wee dick then he can do that role. Where you actually play him I have nae idea but please take him. Actually find it funny he has knocked us back , even more surprised other teams in this league see something in him.

Bonnyrigg Rose was the end for me for him. Was incredible viewing.... sadly for the wrong reasons.

Happy weekend folks 

I’ve obviously only caught his decent games then. 

I’ll trust your judgement there 

25 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

Watt

Levitt 

Mulgrew 

Freeman 

out 

Hopefully the young lad Macleod gets a start ahead of Clark then 😂

I'm guessing we'll switch to a back 4 for this then and play Harkes and Butch in the middle with McNulty up top in front of a 3.

On 01/03/2022 at 07:30, mishtergrolsch said:

I'll agree with this for starters!

Maybe hes playing a slightly different style or role with you guys, I have no idea. If so, fair enough and its good hes playing well for someone finally.

But chances are it'll be Championship football next season for him, again. Not a pop at you, just pointing out his teams seem to be at that level.

He scored 😮