The Dundee United Thread 22/23

11 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

What do you expect? There's no class from these people, from the racist abuse hurled at Kane Hemmings, to the having a little sing song about Goodwillie the beast. 

I always look back at that with a bit of fondness 

Thank you 

6 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

A lot of us, including me, try to justify daft/racist behaviour, presently or in the past, by using the context of time or trying to deflect with whataboutery. 

Maybe the Dundee/Dundee United rivalry should be better than that.

This.

There's a fucking Airdrie fan on the thread trying to dish out telts FFS

29 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

What's that got to do with his sister ? 

Nothing. Why do you ask?

I hope you aren't inferring I think his sister is fair game.

However, it's only been brought to everyone's attention because Charlie Adam decided to steam in to whatabout and deflect the racism of Rangers fans.

Anyway he's not a United player and despite the mock outrage in here I don't believe United fans have sung the song so that's my last on it here. 

Edited by invergowrie arab

32 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

A lot of us, including me, try to justify daft/racist behaviour, presently or in the past, by using the context of time or trying to deflect with whataboutery. 

Maybe the Dundee/Dundee United rivalry should be better than that.

This.

Every club will have homophobes, racists and wierdos in their support. 

Some arseholes never seem to learn or move on from that type of shit sung or shouted at matches.

The rest of us that feel a bit better educated about it should not be using those arseholes as examples of an entire club, it becomes very much a dose of  whataboutery and ends up being a bit oldfirmy.

We shouldn't be arguing on this subject, we should be in agreement.

1 hour ago, Damaged Radio said:

Ok if you’re really desperate for further proof of Dundee fans using racist language here’s an example from this very website. 

0A77B95F-851C-47CB-8373-755C2047BD3C.png

What the f**k is this whataboutery from a Dunfermline fan? Yes, Dundee fans have absolutely said shite things and sang shite songs. Bringing up posts from 8 years ago to prove that point is absolutely tragic when the point at hand is that people are legitimately saying they're going to bring up and sing about a player's family member and abuse them to try and get a kick out of said player.

You acted like a nasty fucking piece of work the other day in the Dundee thread. Absolutely no surprise to see you pull out some OF fan style whataboutery here and say, 'Aye, but your support have done this...'

34 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Nothing. Why do you ask?

I hope you aren't inferring I think his sister is fair game.

However, it's only been brought to everyone's attention because Charlie Adam decided to steam in to whatabout and deflect the racism of Rangers fans.

Anyway he's not a United player and despite the mock outrage in here I don't believe United fans have sung the song so that's my last on it here. 

Celtic fans and Hibs fans belting it out in the previous two games suggest it's quite commonly known.

The 'mock outrage' is at one of your support bringing it up on here and saying they plan on starting the chant at the upcoming Derby.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Celtic fans and Hibs fans belting it out in the previous two games suggest it's quite commonly known.

The 'mock outrage' is at one of your support bringing it up on here and saying they plan on starting the chant at the upcoming Derby.

Do you think he will?

7 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Do you think he will?

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that song belted out by a pished up section of your support tbh. 

Think that's just the way a section of football fans are.

7 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

This.

Every club will have homophobes, racists and wierdos in their support. 

Some arseholes never seem to learn or move on from that type of shit sung or shouted at matches.

The rest of us that feel a bit better educated about it should not be using those arseholes as examples of an entire club, it becomes very much a dose of  whataboutery and ends up being a bit oldfirmy.

We shouldn't be arguing on this subject, we should be in agreement.

Sensible BNB alert!

You should be the elected spokesperson for your team on Pie and Bovril.

Most sensible fans will probably agree, as you say, and the point scoring daftness from both sides is mostly for a laugh (I hope), but things like the moron section of a support singing stuff like that should be condemned by both sides and then left to sink to the bottom of the sea. 

The more attention brought to it will further validate the morons bringing it up and going on the wind up.

I think we all leave that to the Old Firm, they're massively overqualified and hugely experienced in that position anyway.

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

What the f**k is this whataboutery from a Dunfermline fan? Yes, Dundee fans have absolutely said shite things and sang shite songs. Bringing up posts from 8 years ago to prove that point is absolutely tragic when the point at hand is that people are legitimately saying they're going to bring up and sing about a player's family member and abuse them to try and get a kick out of said player.

You acted like a nasty fucking piece of work the other day in the Dundee thread. Absolutely no surprise to see you pull out some OF fan style whataboutery here and say, 'Aye, but your support have done this...'

Bro, that's clearly Jimmy, just ignore him.  You know what he's like.

15 hours ago, Yenitit said:

I’ll guarantee you a lot more than 99% know that this song exists, what portion of Scottish football fans do Celtic and Rangers make up, 50% - 60%? Surely Celtic fans singing it has  something to do with bringing it to people’s attention as well. 

The pare lassie has nothing to do whatsoever with the game and to be singled out by opposing fans is pretty shocking but hey-ho it’s not about the colour of someone’s skin so crack on 🤦🏻‍♂️ Like I said she’s obviously been through a torrid time the last 6-7 years with the passing of her parents and now her kids are going to games hearing their mum get abuse, I’m sure she’s loving that aye. 

The Derry finance expert showing a real grasp of how percentages work here 👆

I have never sung an offensive song or chanted an offensive chant at a football match.  I trust the other contributors on this subject can say the same.

Probably the worst I’ve shouted is calling someone a fucking arsehole, and that would be most likely an official rather than a player.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I have never sung an offensive song or chanted an offensive chant at a football match.  I trust the other contributors on this subject can say the same.

Probably the worst I’ve shouted is calling someone a fucking arsehole, and that would be most likely at Csaba Laszlo rather than a player.

Ftfy

Szamo’s_ammo, what a p***k of a human being you are. Red dotting (I think that’s the term) a post about someone’s struggling with abuse, the death of both parents and perhaps mental health issues. You’re an arsehole. 

Us lot from Dundee and Angus, both sides of the divide by the way, are better than that. Unfortunately you buck the tread. 

The rivalry between both clubs is great. Both ripping the piss out of one another’s clubs with no malice. 

Edited by Yenitit