The Dundee United Thread 22/23

31 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Minter for all involved imo.

Tony needs to start blocking folk and people who have twitter accounts like DUFC central need to get a fucking life.

Just shut Twitter down, Elon. Do something productive for humanity.

See as a former police officer, you'd reckon he'd have a bit more intelligence than to write "I'm not at United now, I know who you are, I'm coming for you".

Pretty scary he had any sort of influence at United - or that he was ever employed in the police.

He has to do go for the boy though. He's claimed him.

19 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I'll be happy enough to go into the summer transfer window with just Behich, Levitt, Middleton and Fletcher in the first team squad. The rest are variously mediocre, past it or completely shite.

Middleton and Fotheringham playing off of Fletcher with Levitt behind them with a couple of destroyers and ball carriers in midfield please.

Then a whole new backline apart from Behich.

And a decent competent goalie PLEASEPLLEASEPLEASEEEEE

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

I'll be happy enough to go into the summer transfer window with just Behich, Levitt, Middleton and Fletcher in the first team squad. The rest are variously mediocre, past it or completely shite.

Fletcher is a very skilful player but at his age cannot play a similar role for another season, maybe with a change of formation he could still be the main man up front.  Levitt needs to rediscover his form for his sake as well as the club’s.

52 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Fletcher is a very skilful player but at his age cannot play a similar role for another season, maybe with a change of formation he could still be the main man up front.  Levitt needs to rediscover his form for his sake as well as the club’s.

I fully envisage Levitt signing for Hearts for £250k when we get relegated. Then being brilliant again and moving on for about £2million a year later. 

8 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

Smith is a very St Johnstone signing.

This is likely a very unpopular opinion, given the fact that Smith is very much the booboy's favourite, but in the likely event that we are relegated to the Championship he could be a very good option to have - and on current form a far better choice than Keiran Freeman (whose form has dropped off a cliff).  Smith was excellent when we were there last time (albeit he had Shankland's forehead to aim at in the box so could hardly miss...), and right-back is a role that we have found it incredibly difficult to recruit in - I shudder to think who he will bring in to him replace him.  

8 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

I'd keep Ross Graham, Kai Fotheringham, Matthew Cudjie and Rory Macleod as they all have age on their side - and I actually think Craig Sibbald is a good option for 55/60 minutes most weeks - but that aside, hard to argue with that.

8 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

And a decent competent goalie PLEASEPLLEASEPLEASEEEEE

The goalkeeping situation at Tannadice infuriates me almost as much as letting Clark and Watt go.

We knew that Siegrist was leaving at the start of the 2021/2022 season - almost two years ago - and somehow since then we have cycled through Trevor Carson (who we let go - so no idea why he was actually signed), Carljohan Eriksson (who we let go on loan - so no idea why he was actually signed), Jack Newman (who doesn't appear to be anywhere near the quality needed) and have landed on arguably the worst of the lot in Mark Birighitti.  After a good few years where goalkeeper was one of our strongest positions each season - we are in complete disarray.

6 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

I fully envisage Levitt signing for Hearts for £250k when we get relegated. Then being brilliant again and moving on for about £2million a year later. 

We'll be lucky to get that - he's been absolutely dreadful this last few months, barring the incredible strike against St Johnstone.  When that went in I genuinely thought it could be the turning point of our season - how wrong I was (thanks to the aforementioned Birighitti...). 

8 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Aye, we'd obviously need to add some new players too. I'm not Tony Asghar.

On 12/03/2023 at 21:39, mishtergrolsch said:

Minter for all involved imo.

Tony needs to start blocking folk and people who have twitter accounts like DUFC central need to get a fucking life.

Just shut Twitter down, Elon. Do something productive for humanity.

What good would that do? The messages were sent on Instagram.

11 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I'm laughing to see someone is red dotting a couple of United fans' opinions above, and know who it'll be before looking. Here comes another.......

Good of Tony to take time out of his busy Twitter spat schedule to come on here though

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Good of Tony to take time out of his busy Twitter spat schedule to come on here though

If im getting pulled up for it then you are too, @Mark Connolly

4 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

What good would that do? The messages were sent on Instagram.