The Dundee United Thread 22/23

32 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

I feel Tony’s days are numbered. 

I suspect if they go for Levein then you are correct as I Levein can do the DoF role and have a good experienced manager in as well.

Wether immediately or Levein as manager for the rest if the season and then such changes happen in the summer if that is to happen.

43 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Not a chance Tony is leaving, or being removed.

Maybe he'll be their new keeper.

Increase their chances of winning in multiple ways.

50 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Fletcher made himself unavailable for Scotland during Levein's time in charge of the national team, was that ever resolved?

4-6-0 incoming? 😁

Am pretty sure he went back to Levein later and said he would play again and it was all sorted out.

The new manager won't be a DoF and he won't be signing anyone.

He will be trying to organise some reasonable footballers albeit almost every one of them ticks at least one box of

1. Mouse hearted

2. Lazy and arrogant beyond belief 

3. Just a dick

If someone can come in and organise and motivate and/or put the fear of God into these players we might have enough to survive.

The second point I think has been lacking in our last 4 managers but at least Mellon and Courts could do the first bit.

32 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Has the stuff about the players getting Ross sacked been even semi-confirmed anywhere? Seems like it's basically been accepted as fact on the basis of people not liking Watt or Mulgrew (which I'm on board with fwiw)

I would say Mulgrew was a very popular part of the squad ,  even a fans favourite , up until that incident and his subsequent fall from grace has been as a result of his behaviour rather than people looking for a reason to have a go.

I don't know who would confirm or deny it as Ross likely has an NDA and it won't come internally. 

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Did Ogren not say he was (not unreasonably) looking to make money out of his involvement with United?

I wonder if he’s slowly realising turning a profit in football at this level is extremely difficult.