The Dundee United Thread 22/23

53 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

This is it for me. Folk talk about not making subs but even the best managers can be guilty of that.

It's the complete inability to affect the game in any way.

Yesterday we lined up differently, with a 451 and immediately we were getting some joy down the left with Behich linking up with Fotheringham to get in behind the fullbacks and we got a bunch of corners in the opening 10-15 minutes. Really basic fitba, play it out wide and get your fullback to overlap into the space available.

Once St Johnstone cottoned on to this and cut off the space there was out there, that was it, our attacking outlet was shut off. 

Most teams can counteract this particular lack of space by having wide players that can create space for themselves, but we were playing Fotheringham and McGrath out wide - decent players, but clearly far more comfortable playing centrally.

Most teams have a gameplay other than, you guys are playing, go and play some fitba.

I haven't seen anything ever from Fox that shows he's capable of... anything.

Does Ogren have the fitba knowledge to realise he needs to get rid of his leadership team at the club? Doubtful.

We have to be the easiest team in the league to defend against. 

Another thing that pissed me off yesterday (and again showed how clueless the management team is) was our corners, when you’re creating nothing set pieces are sometimes the best chance of a goal and we had McGrath taking inswinging corners and had no one standing on the keeper, absolute fucking basic stuff. 

What a crew United are, even the programme is an embarrassing mess presently. Yesterday’s edition, which sold out quickly, includes a large colour two page image of ‘Birighitti’, who on the previous couple of pages, informs us that although he didn’t get off to the best of starts, he’s now enjoying concentrating on his football.

With the likes of Tony Watt listed for potential selection on squad lists, and participants ‘keeper Jack Newman and Loick Ayina omitted, the glossy production reeks of sloppiness.

But worst of all, match reports for the matches United lost in the Scottish Cup and at Tynecastle boldly inform us in full colour with club badges that the results were DUFC 1 Killie 0, and Hearts 1 DUFC 3.

1 hour ago, Loemba90 said:

We’ve now accepted a bid from Fulham for Rory MacLeod.  

what’s the rush to sell him?  Turned 17 a week ago ffs

We need money to cover the drop in income in the Championship?

Looks like the Fulham link works one way. Surely the best thing to do was to have a bidding war if he had to go.

Edited by Tannadeechee
spelling

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Na, a mate had shown me it but won't send me it due to the ribbing I gave him.

It definitely happened though. Minter.

Ive seen it said a few places so i dont doubt you, just want to see it with my own eyes so I can happily walk into the sea one last time knowing my club is utterly doomed too.

8 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Flogging the family silver and pocketing the proceeds before doing a runner. Where have i seen this before?🤔

Aye but we'll have him on loan next season though. So we'll have a 17 year old playing every single week without fail wether he's pish or not because that'll be what Fulham want.

I wonder if Orgen is hoping we scrape survival this season without wasting money and there's a huge rebuild this summer or he's just totally fed up chucking his money onto a bonfire now.

Here's a quote from him 

Ogren said: “I reiterate that the current board are committed to ensuring that the required funding and infrastructure is in place to maintain the club as a competitive team in the Premiership and also provide the platform to enhance the prospect of finishing in the top-six once again this season.

In our ambition to improve and grow Dundee United FC and make the club the best it can be, our challenge continues to be controlling investment. Our expenditures must be commensurate with our revenue as it is imperative the club is both successful and financially sustainable"

That was 24th November just before the transfer window

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mark-ogren-vows-dundee-united-28574656

Since then we've signed a loan boy and let Watt and a keeper go on loan and are selling our hottest prospect before he's even got his boots dirty and are still sitting bottom.

"Alongside developing our own players internally, player trading remains a significant element of the financial sustainability of the club and the profit of £1.3 million on the sale of players all while maintaining on-field success and maintaining a strong, competitive squad was achieved by Sporting Director Tony Asghar and the football department.”

I wonder what he's thinking now. All those young lads punted away on loan, bottom of the league with absolutely no sign of things improving on the park.