The Dundee United Thread 22/23

8 minutes ago, low-life said:

Quite happy that Clark is away. Certainly cant do the Fletcher role and a fairly big wage off wage bill. Did chip in with the odd important goal however was far more often posted missing and coming way too deep. 

Getting a fee is great business and hopefully the wage can go on a midfielder before the window closes. 

He can't be on that much of a wage if he's off to the farmers.

I dunno. I might have kept one of the few strikers we have on the books to see if the new gaffer rated him, but I guess that answers the Q about how much input the manager has in recruitment.

2 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

He can't be on that much of a wage if he's off to the farmers.

I dunno. I might have kept one of the few strikers we have on the books to see if the new gaffer rated him, but I guess that answers the Q about how much input the manager has in recruitment.

No idea where I read it but would be surprised if its not 2k. Think SGMilne may have mentioned that and he would have an idea but obviously could be bollocks. 

Fox will get a few games I think and if it goes ok wouldnt be surprised if he gets an extended run. Ties in with appointing from within like Tam and also saves money. 

14 minutes ago, low-life said:

No idea where I read it but would be surprised if its not 2k. Think SGMilne may have mentioned that and he would have an idea but obviously could be bollocks. 

Fox will get a few games I think and if it goes ok wouldnt be surprised if he gets an extended run. Ties in with appointing from within like Tam and also saves money. 

Yeah after watching his interview there I wouldnt be surprised at this with Mulgrew on the coaching staff along side junior. 

53 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I don't think that's true at all. I do fear that he's possibly a difficult man to work for/with but there's nothing that I've seen at any point to suggest that he isn't qualified to do his role.

You could say the same about Ross when he was appointed.

If the manager has proven to be a failure then the performance/expertise of the guy who appointed his has to be called into question.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You could say the same about Ross when he was appointed.

If the manager has proven to be a failure then the performance/expertise of the guy who appointed his has to be called into question.

Aye, up to a point, although he wasn't alone in thinking that Ross could do a job. My biggest concern with Ross' appointment, and the subsequent recruitment, was that we seemed to veering off into an entirely new direction - bringing in higher profile signings on (presumably) high wages, at the expense of nurturing the young guys who had already broken into the squad. It speaks of a lack of a coherent plan. I suspect it was simply that Asghar was so smitten with Ross that he was willing to drop the previous plan (at least for the time being) in return for bringing in a guy who - he thought - would deliver success more quickly.

f**k knows where he goes now - another Courts or another Ross?

If there is an issue with the players and their attitude there probably isn’t a more appropriate person on planet fitba to sort that out than Big Dunc.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/3644302/exclusive-duncan-ferguson-dundee-united-jack-ross/?utm_source=twitter

And it would at least be entertaining 😅

22 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

If there is an issue with the players and their attitude there probably isn’t a more appropriate person on planet fitba to sort that out than Big Dunc.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/3644302/exclusive-duncan-ferguson-dundee-united-jack-ross/?utm_source=twitter

I thought you didn't waste time talking about rumours?