The Dundee United Thread 22/23

18 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I've just been sacked from a fixed term 1 year contract. Early within probationary period mind you. Shame I'll not get the rest of that contract paid off. 

On another note @Pull My Stringsdon't suppose you want a wee discrimination case to handle? 😅

Shagged the bosses misses type post ^^^^

43 minutes ago, Fife Arab said:

Nicky clark will be next out the door.......farmers or dundee im hearing. High chance its the farmers.

Chalmers is going to Burton Albion apparently.

48 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I've just been sacked from a fixed term 1 year contract. Early within probationary period mind you. Shame I'll not get the rest of that contract paid off. 

On another note @Pull My Stringsdon't suppose you want a wee discrimination case to handle? 😅

I had a guy come to me once looking to raise a discrimination claim because he'd been sacked for going shopping on Christmas Eve after his boss had turned down his request for time off. "f**k it", he said, "I'm taking it anyway".

I had to gently break it to him that being a bell-end isn't a protected characteristic. I'm sure that's of no relevance to your claim, AK.

Just now, Pull My Strings said:

I had a guy come to me once looking to raise a discrimination claim because he'd been sacked for going shopping on Christmas Eve after his boss had turned down his request for time off. "f**k it", he said, "I'm taking it anyway".

I had to gently break it to him that being a bell-end isn't a protected characteristic. I'm sure that's of no relevance to your claim, AK.

It's actually not 🤣. Just spoke to EASS and they agree with my assessment I've been let go and I fall under a protected characteristic. Genuinely PM me if you fancy taking it. Should be a fairly open and shut constructive dismissal / discrimination case. 

2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

No doubt exactly what the QOS manager is thinking this morning before he (literally) parks the bus at Ibrox this evening ...

Why would the manager park the bus at the ground? Surely the driver would do that?

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

"Thanks for leading us to two of the most embarrassing results in our history, good luck getting a new job"

So Ross fucked up in a spectacularly short timeframe. But those in power at United take no blame for appointing him ? If there was any decency you may wish him well in the future regardless of how he performed. 

Genuinely becoming a bit of a clusterfuck of a club. Spending big wages on players and on relieving Managers of their duties. I have nothing against United but between them and Hibs I kinda hope neither get their act together as they are continually making a royal mess of everything they touch at the moment. That plus I kinda wish you had waited to pull the trigger until after this weekend 🤷‍♂️😉

2 minutes ago, welldaft said:

So Ross fucked up in a spectacularly short timeframe. But those in power at United take no blame for appointing him ? If there was any decency you may wish him well in the future regardless of how he performed. 

Genuinely becoming a bit of a clusterfuck of a club. Spending big wages on players and on relieving Managers of their duties. I have nothing against United but between them and Hibs I kinda hope neither get their act together as they are continually making a royal mess of everything they touch at the moment. That plus I kinda wish you had waited to pull the trigger until after this weekend 🤷‍♂️😉

This is the first manager sacked since the new owners arrived almost four years ago. 

13 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

This is the first manager sacked since the new owners arrived almost four years ago. 

Fair enough but not a good look all of them bailing out after a year or less. Something rotten in the state of Denmark (Tayside). 

• TheGreenElves changed the title to The Dundee United Thread 22/23