The Dundee United Thread 22/23

7 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

I didn't like the appointment of Ross at the time and nothing I have seen so far has really proven me wrong (even the home game against AZ doesn't even count in my head anymore due to the shambles away), but barring at Clough at Leeds-esque fall out with the players no manager is going to get sacked this early. He will get more time. 

I honestly cannot remember a single Arab on here questioning Ross’s appointment.

Ross is as Ross does. He is a decent manager, even if he really only seems to have plan A. If he cannot get plan A to work, then you are fucked. That's where it went wrong at Sunderland and Hibs, when there was a need to play more measured football. Dundee United have never played the sort of f**k just go for it stuff that Ross likes so will they ever get plan A to work? 

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I honestly cannot remember a single Arab on here questioning Ross’s appointment.

My major concern was whether or not he could work in the "Head Coach" role rather than being in full control.

In hindsight, I probably should have thought about whether he was any use in any role.

7 hours ago, Insaintee said:

Ross is as Ross does. He is a decent manager, even if he really only seems to have plan A. If he cannot get plan A to work, then you are fucked. That's where it went wrong at Sunderland and Hibs, when there was a need to play more measured football. Dundee United have never played the sort of f**k just go for it stuff that Ross likes so will they ever get plan A to work? 

I've a work colleague who is a Mackem and he said exactly that.

12 hours ago, Insaintee said:

He did say in the interview after St Mirren that we need to take a more measured approach, so there's that. Can he actually successfully set a team up like that though?

2 minutes ago, Fletchers Saucy Manbun said:

He did say in the interview after St Mirren that we need to take a more measured approach, so there's that. Can he actually successfully set a team up like that though?

We don't really have the midfielders to set up more cautiously. Unless we're bringing someone in...?

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

See your women's team got pumped by 7 as well.

Oh dearie me.

Thank you.

I would absolutely expect most professional teams to beat a semi pro/ammy team by that scoreline.

Your club is so shit it doesn't even have a women's team or girls academy nor the infrastructure to set one up. 

Thank you. 

29 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I would absolutely expect most professional teams to beat a semi pro/ammy team by that scoreline.

Your club is so shit it doesn't even have a women's team or girls academy nor the infrastructure to set one up. 

Thank you. 

What about a professional team v another professional team?

Couldn't give a flying duck about womens football.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

See your women's team got pumped by 7 as well.

Oh dearie me.

Thank you.

54 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thank you.

???

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

Time for the annual 'get Safranko back' pantomime? 

Still need a solid defensive midfielder more though.

Can’t think of a single player, from a fairly lengthy list, who’s been a success with us second time around but f**k it BRING HIM HOME.

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thank you.

Celtic, Rangers and Glasgow City are the only professional teams in that league. 

Couldn't give a f**k about it yet posts about it. Makes loads of sense. 

1 hour ago, Gibby82 said:

Can’t think of a single player, from a fairly lengthy list, who’s been a success with us second time around but f**k it BRING HIM HOME.

Willo Flood was good in his second loan spell, albeit he did come straight back. Still decent in his third spell. Not so much in his fourth.

Andy McLaren was brilliant in his first season back.

Edited by ArabFC

57 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Celtic, Rangers and Glasgow City are the only professional teams in that league. 

Couldn't give a f**k about it yet posts about it. Makes loads of sense. 

Was referring to your euro exploits, when mentioning 'professional teams'.

Correct, thought it was a weird coincidence, that's all.

Thank you.