The Dundee United Thread 22/23

7 minutes ago, stu92 said:

This is brilliant, I hope not a wind up.

It's probably bullshit but I could easily imagine Watt coming out with that, so I'm going to cling on to the hope that it's true because it's a great line. 

56 minutes ago, Swello said:

It's probably bullshit but I could easily imagine Watt coming out with that, so I'm going to cling on to the hope that it's true because it's a great line. 

Cant imagine the rest of the dressing keeping a straight face if true too :lol: 

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

It is a great line, and it's swayed me from thinking Watt should be benched to reasoning we should rest Ross.

It’s a great one liner.  Watt might be better giving up football and becoming a comedian.  He’ll have plenty of chance to think up new material warming the bench for the next few weeks.

23 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s a great one liner.  Watt might be better giving up football and becoming a comedian.  He’ll have plenty of chance to think up new material warming the bench for the next few weeks.

Always going to happen at some point, I thought you might get 12 months out of him before he started going backwards and got unsettled again. Watt has only settled at one club in his career and it showed in the football he played. Was moving from Motherwell a good move for him, financially no doubt, football wise more debatable. The problem is he’s a man child and keeping him happy and motivated over that longer period of time is next to impossible, he will move on only for the same thing to happen again. He is a technically talented player and personally I loved watching him at Motherwell, he was on a good gig, seemed happy, was universally loved by the fan base, but he’s Tony Watt. 

5 hours ago, SGMilne said:

Nicky Clark is on £2500 p/w

I'd heard rumours of nearly that when he was touting himself about looking for a new deal. I assumed it was bullshit and would get ripped for posting such on here. Have to admit, I'm chuckling it's come up.

3 hours ago, Yorky said:

Always going to happen at some point, I thought you might get 12 months out of him before he started going backwards and got unsettled again. Watt has only settled at one club in his career and it showed in the football he played. Was moving from Motherwell a good move for him, financially no doubt, football wise more debatable. The problem is he’s a man child and keeping him happy and motivated over that longer period of time is next to impossible, he will move on only for the same thing to happen again. He is a technically talented player and personally I loved watching him at Motherwell, he was on a good gig, seemed happy, was universally loved by the fan base, but he’s Tony Watt. 

I recall saying at the time paying £150k for Tony Watt was mental when he was signed on a pre contract. We should have spent that cash on signing a sitting midfield or an out and out playmaker. 

He was good in flashes but now, as I expected, he just frustrates me falling about and he never seems to take the rare chances he creates.

As you say, hes Tony Watt. Thats why he is where he is and didn't make it at Celtic.