The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Bonkers. 10 days ago we were gonna be competing for 3rd. Now we’re finishing bottom. 
let him build his team. We have a lot of good players and he’s trying to integrate a new team  that was previously built around being negative. 
We will be totally fine and have every faith he will build a decent side. 

4 minutes ago, low-life said:

Bonkers. 10 days ago we were gonna be competing for 3rd. Now we’re finishing bottom. 
let him build his team. We have a lot of good players and he’s trying to integrate a new team  that was previously built around being negative. 
We will be totally fine and have every faith he will build a decent side. 

Except the new goalie is fucking shite and the subbie keeper has less of a chance playing in goals than I do for some reason.

29 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Next week's match is already starting to feel like a must win game. The pressure on Jack Ross is colossal. Which seems stupid after three league games, but here we are.

It is stupid.

Epically fcuking stupid.

I saw a few "Ross Out" comments on social media the last few days. I've already seen a good few more in the last half an hour.

Don't get me wrong, it's been a horrendous start and it's been rather embarrassing but to want him out already is a bit OTT. If we're sitting bottom 3 come November then im heading to the shed for the pitch fork but now seems slightly hasty.

17 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I saw a few "Ross Out" comments on social media the last few days. I've already seen a good few more in the last half an hour.

Don't get me wrong, it's been a horrendous start and it's been rather embarrassing but to want him out already is a bit OTT. If we're sitting bottom 3 come November then im heading to the shed for the pitch fork but now seems slightly hasty.

I’m looking at the next five league fixtures that take us to the end of September.  We will be lucky to get more than five points and could get far fewer.

Tony Watt living up to expectations of being pretty shite? I know he's the least of your worries right now (looking at that keeper) but the money that's been wasted is pretty grim.

Was it not the sale of Fuchs that financed Watt? A Fuchs type player would make a massive difference for you lot right now.

We haven't replaced Fuchs and that needs to be a priority.

I'm prepared to give the team time to gel given the other signings looked good on paper but Ross could be for the bullet if we are still struggling come November.

It's pretty incredible that nothing has been done to replace Fuchs & Butcher.

Always amazes me with managers that something so obvious to fans is often ignored or missed by the guy whose job it is to see it.

Edited by Zetterlund

My feelings are that we are still gelling with a better manager (I'm not saying good manager yet) but finishing 4th last seasonwith a pretty grim squad has really skewed things.

We were shite last season and were lucky to finish top of the shite pile. We could have finished 6th or worse quite easily. Not having replaced the midfield bouncers has crippled us and signing a keeper that looks like a mix of Harry Lewis, Luis Zwick and Michael Szromnik coached by Lance Key might be the thing that causes us the most trouble this season.

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Reckon there's a chance of the fans turning during the St Mirren game if it doesn't start well or still far too early?

Yeah definitely. 

A draw or even a defeat wouldnt be as disastrous if it was a good performance and just an unlucky goal / defeat that does us in.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m looking at the next five league fixtures that take us to the end of September.  We will be lucky to get more than five points and could get far fewer.

You can surely look further ahead than that.  You’ve got plenty of money.  You don’t need to worry about a cold snap and the rise in the gas price cap come October.

Anyway, I know how much you loved referring to Dim McIntyre as Agent McIntyre.  Is it too soon for us to refer to Jack Dross as Agent Ross?

Edited by Shadow Play