Jump to content

The Dundee United Thread 22/23


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

:lol:

I'm sure it was one of your lot that had said it. It might have been before their game against Tuzla (?) though.

Nothing tough about you winning, I wished you all the best before kick off. 

I still think AZ will see the tie out quite easily, though.

Fair enough.

No denial of the big team accusation, I notice… :whistle

 

 

 

 

;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

He does have one Elf of a touch.

We're going to be getting £3 Silmamillion for him if he puts in many more performances like last night. 

 

 

I could go on but I don't want banned.

Yeah when folk start puns like this they have a tendency to dragon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great progress has been made, when we consider last night was United's first European tie for a long while. Looking back, 6 years ago the opening League game in the Championship saw a 1-1 draw with QoS at Tannadice with Nick van der Velden scoring, 4 years past a defeat at Tannadice to the Pars (2-3, Aird and Clark with our goals). 

I never considered we'd ever be back playing in Europe when I sat watching these and similar dismal games over the past few years. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some of them aren't confident

 

Spoiler

In Alkmaar it also feels like a home game for those guys and an away game for us when 2000 Scots come to our tame, good citizen stadium with 40 singing supporters. Well good luck

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Some of them aren't confident

 

  Hide contents

In Alkmaar it also feels like a home game for those guys and an away game for us when 2000 Scots come to our tame, good citizen stadium with 40 singing supporters. Well good luck

 

Browsed one of their forums. A few comments of how they enjoyed the game even though they lost because of the amazing atmosphere.

Probably goes to show how they might not ‘want it’ quite as much as we do, which can only help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You could make the case that the 2010 -13 teams were a more talented group (although in some positions now its certainly arguably the current squad are just as good).

However you can tell Mulgrew, Watt, Levitt and Fletcher have played in top leagues, in big European games and international football.

Definitely more savvy than those teams in the 2010s

Edited by invergowrie arab
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

You could make the case that the 2010 -13 teams were a more talented group (although in some positions now its certainly arguably the current squad are just as good).

However you can tell Mulgrew, Watt, Levitt and Fletcher have played in top leagues, in big European games and international football.

Definitely more savvy than those teams in the 2010s

I notice you sensibly stopped at 2013. On the radio last night they were declaring this the best team since the 90s which was a little wild!

But, then imagine that 2014 team with Fletcher up top, Levitt in Paton's place and Mulgrew instead of Gunning. 

Oh the sex!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a difference a month makes.

Four weeks ago this topic was full of folk worrying about an absolute pumping and a possible relegation battle.

Seven new signings have made a helluva difference!

Screenshot 2022-08-05 at 21.28.04.png

Screenshot 2022-08-05 at 21.31.12.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

I notice you sensibly stopped at 2013. On the radio last night they were declaring this the best team since the 90s which was a little wild!

But, then imagine that 2014 team with Fletcher up top, Levitt in Paton's place and Mulgrew instead of Gunning. 

Oh the sex!

Stopped at 2013 as its a comparison with other teams who have played in Europe.

McNamara failing to qualify for Europe with the 2014 squad never mind a trophy was a fucking disgrace 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, ArabFC said:

Browsed one of their forums. A few comments of how they enjoyed the game even though they lost because of the amazing atmosphere.

Probably goes to show how they might not ‘want it’ quite as much as we do, which can only help.

Indeed.

Hopefully they underestimate us again at home too. I still think that was a large part of why they were so poor the first leg.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Indeed.

Hopefully they underestimate us again at home too. I still think that was a large part of why they were so poor the first leg.

If you look over the two Tuzla legs, they won 1-0 at home and took them until midway through the second half away from home to score their second of the night/third on aggregate. Heads dropped and they stuck another couple of easy goals past them.

I just really hope that Odgaard and Bazoer are out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As much as I am enjoying us being European giants again, I'd prefer we played league games on a Saturday.

That should be fine with us being in the Champions League next year, but will be a frustration this season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I must be one of the few who doesnt mind a Sunday game. Gives you the opportunity to watch the lunchtime game, coupon on, few beers watching the scores then watch the teatime game all without having to worry about missing anything. Tomorrow can get to the pub and watch the Edinburgh derby then head up to Tannadice afterwards🤷🏻‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • TheGreenElves changed the title to The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...