The Dundee United Thread 22/23

27 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

I notice you sensibly stopped at 2013. On the radio last night they were declaring this the best team since the 90s which was a little wild!

But, then imagine that 2014 team with Fletcher up top, Levitt in Paton's place and Mulgrew instead of Gunning. 

Oh the sex!

Stopped at 2013 as its a comparison with other teams who have played in Europe.

McNamara failing to qualify for Europe with the 2014 squad never mind a trophy was a fucking disgrace 

10 hours ago, ArabFC said:

Browsed one of their forums. A few comments of how they enjoyed the game even though they lost because of the amazing atmosphere.

Probably goes to show how they might not ‘want it’ quite as much as we do, which can only help.

Indeed.

Hopefully they underestimate us again at home too. I still think that was a large part of why they were so poor the first leg.

2 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Indeed.

Hopefully they underestimate us again at home too. I still think that was a large part of why they were so poor the first leg.

If you look over the two Tuzla legs, they won 1-0 at home and took them until midway through the second half away from home to score their second of the night/third on aggregate. Heads dropped and they stuck another couple of easy goals past them.

I just really hope that Odgaard and Bazoer are out.

I must be one of the few who doesnt mind a Sunday game. Gives you the opportunity to watch the lunchtime game, coupon on, few beers watching the scores then watch the teatime game all without having to worry about missing anything. Tomorrow can get to the pub and watch the Edinburgh derby then head up to Tannadice afterwards🤷🏻‍♂️

5 minutes ago, FIFE ARABIAN said:

I think we're likely to see Ross Graham, Young Erch, Cudjoe, Niskanen and maybe one other come in tomorrow. Would be very surprised if JR doesn't make wholesale changes.

I’d be astonished if he does.

Its the start of the season, getting into a rhythm is far more important than a rest.

Play the starting XI you’re planning on for Thursday.

Edited by ArabFC

5 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Its the start of the season, getting into a rhythm is far more important than a rest.

Usually I'd agree but I think Thursday shows they've already gotten into their stride 😅

15 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Avoiding an injury is also important.  Plenty of rhythm already and getting through to the next Europa round would be a massive bonus.

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Avoiding an injury is also important.  Plenty of rhythm already and getting through to the next Europa round would be a massive bonus.

I have no insight into the team selection, but I’m fully confident that JR will go with his strongest team cos it’s the right thing to do at this stage of the season.

Only changes I might make are to drop out Freeman and Harkes.

20 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

The squad isn't nearly strong enough to be fannying about resting guys after two competitive games. 

We will be playing 2 games a week for about two months if we keep going in Europe. Squad will need rotating at some point

Maybe need some more bodies through the door.

17 minutes ago, Fletchers Saucy Manbun said:

We will be playing 2 games a week for about two months if we keep going in Europe. Squad will need rotating at some point

Maybe need some more bodies through the door.

Sure, at some point, but let's cross that bridge when we come to it. There's more to be gained by winning tomorrow and gaining confidence and fitness for the first choice XI than would be gained by resting guys at this stage of season and running the risk of wasting points, confidence and momentum. Any changes tomorrow are likely to be to strengthen the team (by bringing in McGrath and - if his permit is through - Behich).

Levitt took a knock on Thursday. If he's less than 100%, I might be tempted to give him a rest, perhaps for Meekison, but that'd be it.

Edited by Pull My Strings

You do realise your coming up against a resurgent Livi.Great result the other night👏.What's more important, Europe or Premier league. Id suggest the latter.The Lions  be up for this,no doubt.So suggest shitfest draw here,unfortunately.