The Dundee United Thread 22/23

12 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Was the JK ever on sale?

Looks like less than 200 left in the other 3 stands.

At no point did I see tickets in either the Jerry Kerr or Fair Play stand for sale.

Are they holding that number (3500+) back for AZ? Doubtful. Indeed I suspect we'll only see a few hundred Dutch fans at best.

So why not a peep out of United since yesterday?

Edited by ArabFC

United fans could surely have the JK but would probably have to have the whole FP for any dutch fans that travel.  Dynamo Moscow showed the dangers of putting fans in above/below each other.

Re signings, as I said on the match thread, I was impressed by Sibbald playing the defensive role.  The bigger issue was Harkes in the no 10 so at least that change will be forced this weekend.

Reason we didnt win on Saturday was the lack of an outball when going down to 10 men.  We just camped out in the box and invited Killie on.

5 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

United fans could surely have the JK but would probably have to have the whole FP for any dutch fans that travel.  Dynamo Moscow showed the dangers of putting fans in above/below each other.

True but we don't know what's happening. Just speculating while some fans wait without tickets.

The Jerry Kerr stand can easily be split between fans and segregated if need be (just a few hundred Dutch) - it's been done before.

But then United's approach to segregation has long been bizarre - probably on police say so - but it always irritates me for example to see an empty block of seats in The Shed when it's decided a metal fence, a wall and 10 yards of ground isn't enough to separate fans!

image.jpeg.d01355e2df021236e34e1d15e83b3577.jpeg

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

The JK have been on sale since about back of 9 this morning.

Lungi Capuano - a man of action 

I was told a competent Italian enforcer was coming in to the club, didn't realise it would be in an executive capacity 😨😂

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

It was maybe the under 21s from Newcastle, but the lad himself is only 21. I'd sign him for his middle name alone: Sadat Happy Anaku.

Totally agree.  It happens to be my middle name too.

47 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

The last thing we need is a public flogging. Would be much happier if it was on some obscure Icelandic ppv.

Stop being coy.  We all know you’re in to public flogging.

Delighted with our signings so far this season.  Far better than I could have imagined.

I don't dislike the guy but the re-signing of Harkes is a definite outlier this window. All the rest look a level above. Presumably that deal was done just to get another body in the door in case the more coveted signings didn't come off.

As things stand, I'd already have him behind Levitt, Meekison and Sibbald, and if it's for the No.10 position, I'd have behind Watt and Cudjoe too.