The Dundee United Thread 22/23

17 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

We literally signed a Scottish International and Welsh international attacking players in the last fortnight. 

Zero wide players, where we’ve needed massive improvement for near enough 3 years, not good enough, which Steven Fletcher will need to get us goals 

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Sort of like the away kit but can't put my finger on why it looks like a training kit. I think its the plain sleeves.

Also might be the lighting on photo but it doesn't look like the top and shorts match. 

The sleeves look like the same material as the shorts? 

On a more positive note, record season ticket sales of over 5700. That's a great effort. I really hope we are able to build on this and keep that going. A decent season will hopefully keep most of those numbers for 23/24.

Edited by Tannadeechee

2 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

On a more positive note, record season ticket sales of over 5700. That's aI great effort. I really hope we are able to build on this and keep that going. A decent season will hopefully keep most of those numbers for 23/24.

Now that Andy Goldie has gone I can see those numbers dropping like a stone next season.

3 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

It's genuinely impossible to know when some of you cunts are being ironic.

Where's the irony?

Sarcastic perhaps but not on this occasion. I would personally say Goldie has been the most important employee on the books over the past few years.

Except Fat Tony........

33 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Glad that Mark Connolly is back. Almost like a new signing

4 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

It's genuinely impossible to know when some of you cunts are being ironic.

9 hours ago, FIFE ARABIAN said:

Where's the irony?

Sarcastic perhaps but not on this occasion. I would personally say Goldie has been the most important employee on the books over the past few years.

Except Fat Tony........

Sarcasm's a form of irony. Anyway, Goldie being poached by a bigger, richer club isn't a reason to criticise his boss. That's an absolutely wild take.

If I hire someone who bombs and I have to sack him or he walks out in the huff then that speaks to a problem. If on the other hand I bring in someone who is a great success and that success attracts attention from elsewhere then that's a shame but if it reflects on me at all then it's to my credit.

It takes a particularly twisted mindset to construe the success of Goldie as a reason to criticise Asghar.