The Dundee United Thread 22/23

On 19/07/2022 at 13:58, Tony Wonder said:

What can we expect of Shankland then guys? I've never paid too much attention tbh outside that he struggled a bit with the step up to the Premiership and his all round game was a bit lacking, but I also understand Mellon's team were very negative so it's not particularly easy to stand out. Do you think he's a better player than given credit for, or subscribe to the school of thought that he still needs to prove himself at the higher level?

Not that I'm an expert on him or anything but I remember rarely thinking he put a foot wrong when he played for United. Even in quiet games for him, that was mostly a result of the negative playstyle of Mellonball, and the few times he did get involved he would actively help try and push the team forward.

I reckon he'll do well at Tynecastle with such a positive attacking team, he really ought to be fighting for the golden boot with the options he'll have supporting him.

15 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Middleton supposedly on the cards 🤔

Would he work on the right of Watt and Fletcher? 

Hope it’s a permanent deal for Middleton he’s a crackin player been the star man for Scotland under 21s for a couple of years 

3 minutes ago, BuckieJaggy said:

Hope it’s a permanent deal for Middleton he’s a crackin player been the star man for Scotland under 21s for a couple of years 

I think it's quite likely. Middleton only has a year left on his deal. 

25 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

When Shankland left United I was happy for the guy.  Now he’s come back to Scotland to play for Hearts I hope he crashes and burns.

A bit harsh no? It's not like he agitated for a move to Hearts directly from us. He gave us a great season when he dragged us out of the Championship and then brought in a decent bit of money despite having had a pretty underwhelming following season.

If he doesn't suddenly act like a p***k when playing us then I hope he does well for himself.

14 minutes ago, captainkev said:

A bit harsh no? It's not like he agitated for a move to Hearts directly from us. He gave us a great season when he dragged us out of the Championship and then brought in a decent bit of money despite having had a pretty underwhelming following season.

If he doesn't suddenly act like a p***k when playing us then I hope he does well for himself.

You’re a far nicer person than me.

Love Sir Laurence.

Had we utilised him properly he'd have gone to a better team than a pish Belgian gang and therefore would never have come back to Scotland.

Mostly ourselves (Mellon) to blame here which makes it all the more frustrating. 

I guarantee he scores at least one hat trick against us. Again.

I hope he does he well for Hearts other than against us, would be good to see him prove the doubters wrong. Though his tin foil hat shite on Twitter needs to get in the bin. As does this Middleton chat.

Edited by Gibby82

2 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

this Middleton stuff reeks of ‘shit, we need someone..’

Yip, obviously Mgrath aint coming so who can we get. Scrolls to the bottom to Middleton who stunk the place out with saints last year. 

9 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

I hope he does he well for Hearts other than against us, would be good to see him prove the doubters wrong. Though his tin foil hat shite on Twitter needs to get in the bin. As does this Middleton chat.

I don’t do Twitter.  What tinfoil hat shite?