The Dundee United Thread 22/23

I've been confused for ages about who this Adams laddy was, the keeper who's been in lots of the social media posts. 

Turns out he's a young lad who's highly rated that signed for the academy last year from Hutchy Vale. 

Quite interesting we've got a couple of very highly rated young keepers on the books at the club just now. 

1 hour ago, low-life said:

Certainly didnae pay £250k for him. 

24 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

What's 140 gbp in aussie dollars? 

you mentioned 250k. Didnt state Aus dollars.

All Im saying is that I know we didnt pay £250k for him. much closer to 100k. 

First impressions: another season of hoof and hope football?

Pawlett said at the outset of commentary that the team had been working a huge amount on switching play in training. 🤷‍♂️

We seem to be sticking with a 5-3-2 anyway.

Edited by ArabFC

3 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

That's all on big Charlie likes. Clearly didn't even check and just leathered the ball back from the half way line. Keeper is obviously at fault too but Charlie should know better. 

Always wanted to see Charlie score from half way line...but not like that.

1st half was pretty naff, 2nd was better but we're still a bit toothless going forward. As others have said Cudjo was the big pisitive from today, looks very promising. I also thought Meekison did well too. He needs to start getting more regular game time.

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Did Cudjoe play more centrally or wider? I always got the impression he was someone who played out wide and liked cutting in. 

Played wide right of a three behind the striker. Had the Sunderland left back on toast for the last 20 minutes.

Meekison was the best of the bunch today, followed by Watt. Smith was okay. Started with a 3412/5212 and sat far too deep. Switched to 4231 with 20 minutes to go and did better (although by that time most the team had been subbed so it's difficult to judge). Lost two shite goals and Sunderland were the better team for most of the match without playing particularly well themselves. 

Sibbald was poor but too soon to make any definitive judgements. He's got decent feet but was pushed off the ball far too easily. Hopefully that's a fitness issue.

Keeper at fault for the first goal, Charlie for the second.

That’s was not inspirational, but it was a friendly against a higher quality side and we should not read too much into it.

This closed season seems to have been very long and I’m looking forward to our first serious match in a couple of weeks.

#PTBAA