The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

697BBA41-03CF-401C-9B6A-85553E4601A7.gif.c97b83f08c1d22367d1e5ca04e8fda5b.gif

In fairness, you can see why on paper (and I mean very much on paper) why teams would be looking at him.

He's very 'modern', very 'on-trend', has us in with a great shout of European football, has played a rake of young players etc etc.

Obviously though, if you come and actually watch us, you begin to get the full story....

11 minutes ago, Steven W said:

In fairness, you can see why on paper (and I mean very much on paper) why teams would be looking at him.

He's very 'modern', very 'on-trend', has us in with a great shout of European football, has played a rake of young players etc etc.

Obviously though, if you come and actually watch us, you begin to get the full story....

Totally agree.  He’s had a very good season as a manager whilst serving up a style of football that is uninspiring and not pleasurable to watch.

It sounds daft on the face of it, but I suppose Championship clubs would look at United being 4th with a rookie manager, and think the manager is worth looking at. That bit does make sense. Again, the style of play is another matter altogether

Don't know what any of you are on about. The style of football has been as good as I've ever seen at Tannadice. Even the days of Gauld, Armstrong, Robertson etc were nowhere near as good as this season. 

Tam Courts would be a great choice for any Championship or League 1 manager. 

I hope we're getting ready to find a replacement as he won't be here long before being snapped up. Talent like that dosent come around often.

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Not sure if this has been answered, but we're going to a tribunal to see how much we are due Partick Thistle for Rudden. It was in reference to us. Tiffany stuff was in reference to you.

Ah right. didn’t know there was a tribunal. 

2 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

................. waiting in the wings>

AA.jpg.f3b2a3781e6e13e4b956ffa7f3d2f9bf.jpg

You know its going to happen. Him with McNulty holding a scarf over their heads after both signing 3 year deals.

"I was completely against the move until everybody insisted I install my young lad as the head coach." 

Or

"Over 200 applicants from around the world and he was the outstanding choice. We want to promote from within and develop head coaches internally to sell on. He knows the ethos and is on board with what I want, err, I mean what we want to do as a club."

Or some such shite.

3 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Don't know what any of you are on about. The style of football has been as good as I've ever seen at Tannadice. Even the days of Gauld, Armstrong, Robertson etc were nowhere near as good as this season. 

Tam Courts would be a great choice for any Championship or League 1 manager. 

I hope we're getting ready to find a replacement as he won't be here long before being snapped up. Talent like that dosent come around often.

😉

10 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Adam isn't being lined up as the successor, Big Charlie is. 

Rather Charlie than baby A but still, I'm not so sure that would work out well. 

Saying that , I'd take him over Courts any day of the week.

Question for United fans from the 80s…reading Jim McLean’s “Jousting With Giants” he writes that Ralph Milne was unpopular with the fans and they weren’t sad to see him leave.

I’ve always admired McLean as the most honest man in football but wondering how truthful this is and how much is skewed by his personal issues with the guy?

11 hours ago, Luddite said:

Question for United fans from the 80s…reading Jim McLean’s “Jousting With Giants” he writes that Ralph Milne was unpopular with the fans and they weren’t sad to see him leave.

I’ve always admired McLean as the most honest man in football but wondering how truthful this is and how much is skewed by his personal issues with the guy?

Nonsense. The man is revered 40 years later and still sang about ffs