The Dundee United Thread 22/23

37 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

You’re right - I was sure Kuate had been sent off when he went off at the bottom goal at Tannadice, but he’d just been hooked. I did think that was quite funny at the time tbh. 

Just had a wee look at Kuate’s Wiki page.  He’s only 26 and his time at United is possibly not the worst in his career!

24 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

Neilson and Harkes signing new deals 

Harkes was always signing a new deal. He'll be here till he's 30 odd he loves the shed. Literally in his blood. 

9 hours ago, skinny arab said:

Chic Charnley getting sent off for volleying Robbie Winters after Dave Bowman had spent all of the match kicking and niggling at him was quite amusing. 

Michael Stewart having a few heads gone moments and a red card against us when he played for Hertz. Once in the game just after Phil O'Donnel passing away and one after that I think. He could never get near Gomis who usually ripped the pish out of him. He just couldn't handle it. 

9 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Harkes was always signing a new deal. He'll be here till he's 30 odd he loves the shed. Literally in his blood. 

You mean figuratively.

Players like Ian Harkes are the reason we wont progress as a club. I refuse to believe there are players out there that arent better than him and would cost just as much in wages. Hes the token american to keep the owners happy imho

The recent reference to Dean Windass’ sending off makes me long nostalgically for another Viking invasion.

Oh for another Kjell, Lars and Erik.

1 hour ago, Twinkle said:

Players like Ian Harkes are the reason we wont progress as a club. I refuse to believe there are players out there that arent better than him and would cost just as much in wages. Hes the token american to keep the owners happy imho

IMO Harkes has been offered slightly improved terms as we'll be sans another "experienced" player come the summer. 

6 hours ago, Twinkle said:

This ☝️

6 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

IMO Harkes has been offered slightly improved terms as we'll be sans another "experienced" player come the summer. 

So basically we're giving Harkes more money because Butcher will be away?

If so, thats fucking mental logic. We'd be better binning him too and bringing in a couple of decent players imo.

Seems a top bloke does Harkes but he's a bit, well, shite.

Leaving the merits or otherwise of Harkes to one side, this is our fourth consecutive season of finishing higher than we did the previous season, which rather suggests we are progressing as a club...

24 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

So basically we're giving Harkes more money 

He should be paid handsomely just to keep his missus in Dundee. She is a queen. 

I know there's a lot of people who think Ian Harkes is shite, but have these people considered that they're wrong?

Just something to to think about.

I know there's a lot of people who think Ian Harkes is shite, but have these people considered that they're wrong?

Just something to to think about.
He was very good in the first half of the season tbf. I do think it's worth keeping him around.

Harkes is fucking mince. 

Sick fed up of the Fyvie, Pawlett, McMullen one good game in a dozen type of player at the club. 

If he is staying he should be offered the same wage as Meekison, Chalmers, Mochrie and Glass.

50 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
8 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Leaving the merits or otherwise of Harkes to one side, this is our fourth consecutive season of finishing higher than we did the previous season, which rather suggests we are progressing as a club...

Anything lower than third next season and Courts and Fat Tony have to go.

12 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Michael Stewart having a few heads gone moments and a red card against us when he played for Hertz. Once in the game just after Phil O'Donnel passing away and one after that I think. He could never get near Gomis who usually ripped the pish out of him. He just couldn't handle it. 

The one where he was sent off for argueing with his own fans was very funny. You could always tell he was heading for a red card as he became more and more agitated & erratic on thr pitch.

• Homer Thompson changed the title to The Jack Ross Relocation Thread 22/23
  • TheGreenElves changed the title to The Dundee United Thread 22/23