The Dundee United Thread 22/23

30 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

It wasn't our lack of endeavour that done us against MyPa it was their striker absolutely destroying our defence iirc. Big Brazilian laddy. 

Nah, he was shite. We just made a total arse of it. Paul Ritchie in particular.

Neilson whilst not the fastest certainly isn't a slouch with the ball at his feet. Decent close control and passing range for a laddy who's bigger and primarily a centre half! 
Neilson out of contract at end of season?

3 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

MyPa would rip this team apart.

Got my doubts: they went out of business a few years back, then reincarnated and now sit in the Third Tier in Finland.

To the football from United, aye, it's shit, but folk thinking Courts should be booted out should look at other clubs who have replaced managers in Scotland this season and note they've generally got a fair bit worse.

Edited by Dundee Hibernian

My thoughts at the time of MyPa were that they were the worst team I'd ever seen us fail to beat. 
This view has been challenged countless times since.
I went for a piss during the MyPa game, got caught in a queue and missed both MyPa goals. What a night.

53 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
10 hours ago, Zetterlund said:
My thoughts at the time of MyPa were that they were the worst team I'd ever seen us fail to beat. 
This view has been challenged countless times since.

I went for a piss during the MyPa game, got caught in a queue and missed both MyPa goals. What a night.

^^^ Derek Stillie

2 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

That Mypa game at Tannadice is arguably the worst ive felt coming out of a match. Sick to my stomach. Actually still pains me to this day

Same here.  Once they scored the first I just knew they would score a second.  Never been more sure of something at the football before or since.

31 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Currently on course for our best league finish in 8 years , which i think was the last time I was happy. Matching the achievements of Andy Robertson, Stuart Armstrong, GMS, Ryan Guald and admittedly Paul Paton.

Having made a comparison in league positions would you now like to compare quality of players and entertainment value?

32 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Currently on course for our best league finish in 8 years , which i think was the last time I was happy. Matching the achievements of Andy Robertson, Stuart Armstrong, GMS, Ryan Guald and admittedly Paul Paton.

Weirdly, the current squad finishing 4th is a much greater achievement than finishing 4th with Robertson, Armstrong etc was. Although entertainment value is a different matter altogether.

1 hour ago, Big Shedboy said:

Who should we be looking to sign for next season?

Ideally someone with a bit of presence and ability to hold the ball up front. No-one immediately springs to mind though 🤔

A fairly mobile target man with good technique from league 1 in England might be a shout. 

3 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Weirdly, the current squad finishing 4th is a much greater achievement than finishing 4th with Robertson, Armstrong etc was. Although entertainment value is a different matter altogether.

Factoring in the abysmal quality of the rest of the teams this season and how tight the league is, I'm not sure id say its a much bigger achievement, if at all.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Having made a comparison in league positions would you now like to compare quality of players and entertainment value?

The GMS / Armstrong transfer fee is twice the current value of the entire first team and there is no comparison in terms of entertainment. The current lot give me almost no entertainment. 

Edited by mishtergrolsch