The Dundee United Thread 22/23

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s a pity Hearts didn’t win today, hopefully Motherwell take at least a point from County next week.

Imagine going into Europe with that squad as it stands, we’d probably get gubbed by CE Principat.

MyPa would rip this team apart.

5 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Can't believe you lot have been so negative recently, I always had faith we could see out a narrow victory after taking an early lead.

anakin-liar.gif.7ec69f473a9e0c57027f79848174dccd.gif

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Think his missus put up photos of him or it was his own at Ibrox saying he's been a Rangers fan since a boy. Not really important tbf. Domeheid c**t. 

Can confirm 50p foreheid has been a mad gers fan since high school at least. 

9 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Pleased to see Meekison and Neilson getting 90 minutes each. Be great to see another couple from the academy cementing a place like Graham has done. 

Neilson whilst not the fastest certainly isn't a slouch with the ball at his feet. Decent close control and passing range for a laddy who's bigger and primarily a centre half! 

I almost feel sorry for McNulty. His confidence is clearly completely shot but he's had a decent crack of the whip and has contributed virtually nothing. Time to put him, and us, out of his misery. Tony's an experienced. Let him lead the line with a young laddie alongside, someone with at least the potential to score goals. 

Thought Meekison and Graham player really well. Meekison's touch in the build up to the goal was sublime. Graham plays and behaves like a future captain.

Were a bit fortunate with Motherwell hitting the woodwork twice, but on balance I think we deserved the three points.

Not sure how I felt about Mulgrew in midfield, but I can appreciate why Courts felt the need to bolster out very lightweight midfield.

Just now, ArabianKnight said:

It wasn't our lack of endeavour that done us against MyPa it was their striker absolutely destroying our defence iirc. Big Brazilian laddy. 

We-ell, he got a couple of goals but MyPa were absolutely shite and should have been hammered even with Paul Ritchie's largesse. It's almost like they were so bad that United thought they could stroll it in first gear, when clearly they should have engaged at least second gear.

3 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

It wasn't our lack of endeavour that done us against MyPa it was their striker absolutely destroying our defence iirc. Big Brazilian laddy. 

Was it not more Paul Ritchie sticking his hand in the air hoping for offside rather than playing the ball 

The Brazilian boy was honking if my memory serves me right.

13 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s a pity Hearts didn’t win today, hopefully Motherwell take at least a point from County next week.

Imagine going into Europe with that squad as it stands, we’d probably get gubbed by CE Principat.

That Principat team featured a guy who went on to be a big name at Barcelona I’ll have you know…

Sandro Rosell, future Barcelona President played up front for them. Gets interviewed here. Interestingly, Principat had to change their name to play in the UEFA Cup, because until then they were a Real Madrid supporters’ club. Bet Rosell kept that quiet when he stood for election… 

Edited by Junior_Arab