The Dundee United Thread 22/23

3 hours ago, Dunfermline Arab said:

I think I'm right in saying that we paid f**k all for him, but Alaves had a whopping sell on clause. 

We won't see a penny of the "six figure sum" but hopefully he moves on for a penny or two in a few seasons.

Sell on clauses tend to be a percentage of any future fee so we'd still receive a proportion of this fee (and Alaves would also receive a percentage of any future sell on by Peterborough*). 

Edit: * assuming there's a sell-on in this sale. If not, that's obviously the end of it.

Edited by Pull My Strings

48 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Sell on clauses tend to be a percentage of any future fee so we'd still receive a proportion of this fee (and Alaves would also receive a percentage of any future sell on by Peterborough). 

Alaves get 40% of this fee that Peterborough are paying. They get nothing from any future sale, unless there is something extra in the contract which I'd doubt. Its only in relation to player developement that clubs get some money trickling down 2 or 3 transfers down the line.

5 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Alaves get 40% of this fee that Peterborough are paying. They get nothing from any future sale, unless there is something extra in the contract which I'd doubt. Its only in relation to player developement that clubs get some money trickling down 2 or 3 transfers down the line.

I would imagine they get 40% of whatever you get in future as well otherwise you would be seeing all sorts of shenanigans regarding players being sold on to one club then sold on immediately after that especially with multiple club ownership these days. 
Peterborough have a decent record of developing players so probs not the worst move all round though.

I mean Fuchs away is a bit of a blow but we've all been calling for the young lads to get game time, well most definitely that time is now.

Don't think Kevin McDonald will quite replace Fuchs in terms of energy but if he's even half as good as he used to be he'll be a competent experienced midfielder as a squad option. 

17 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Nah. The clause in favour of Alaves will be 40% (if that's the figure) of any fee received by United for the player, so 40% of this and then 40% of whatever subsequent sell on United might get. It would be frankly bizarre otherwise. I say that with my contract lawyer hat on. Far too many ways to stiff the selling club otherwise.

Fuchs will be missed, but it's not exactly up there with with Billy Dodds leaving. In fact, correct me if I'm wrong, Fuchs leaves having never scored a goal for us. Given how little we score at all, we're a side that really needs midfielders chipping in with a few.

My favourite drum to bang of late has Glass' lack of involvement and I've managed to convince myself that there's an issue between TC and Glass. I've spent the last few days thinking it wouldn't surprise me to see Courts throw him to wolves and play him tomorrow. I guess that has become a bit of a strong possibilty now.

Probably talking a load 5hite though......

2 hours ago, Steven W said:

Fuchs will be missed, but it's not exactly up there with with Billy Dodds leaving. In fact, correct me if I'm wrong, Fuchs leaves having never scored a goal for us. Given how little we score at all, we're a side that really needs midfielders chipping in with a few.

My favourite drum to bang of late has Glass' lack of involvement and I've managed to convince myself that there's an issue between TC and Glass. I've spent the last few days thinking it wouldn't surprise me to see Courts throw him to wolves and play him tomorrow. I guess that has become a bit of a strong possibilty now.

Probably talking a load 5hite though......

Fuchs could've gone 10 years without scoring a goal without me giving a f**k if he performed as he can most weeks. Kante got 1 goal in 40 for Leicester - scoring goals isn't what they paid him for.

We've been shit out of luck for decent midfielders for years and now we only have Levitt (who's not ours and injured all the time) as a kinda reliable player there. It's a problem!

22 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Fuchs could've gone 10 years without scoring a goal without me giving a f**k if he performed as he can most weeks. Kante got 1 goal in 40 for Leicester - scoring goals isn't what they paid him for.

We've been shit out of luck for decent midfielders for years and now we only have Levitt (who's not ours and injured all the time) as a kinda reliable player there. It's a problem!

Benji has played over 100 games and hasn't even had a shot on target.

This isn't the sort of player we need.

Now that hes leaving, Fuchs was hopeless anyway according to a minority of our idiotic fanbase on other social media sites 🤣

The lads form has dropped recently but that wont take away the performances hes put in for this club while hes been here

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s a good bit of business to bring in a player for nothing, get a very good half season out of him and then get 60% of a six figure sum with sell on potential.

Wouldn't dispute we may as well take the money if he wants to go, but f**k - hope we can bring in McDonald and he's still decent.