Jump to content

The Dundee United Thread 22/23


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Steven W said:

I continue to find Glass' lack of involvement bizarre. The last time he played he came on as a late sub v Hibs scoring a wonder goal. A goal that involved running at, and driving at a defence - something never seen from the likes of Harkes, Levitt et al.

Since then zero minutes on the park despite being behind for the majority of the game v St. Mirren, an abject 120 minutes v Kilmarnock and trailing to or being level with Ross County until the 91st minute. This with a backdrop of being afforded the luxury of five subs in the St Mirren and RC games, yet still zero game time.

Not saying he's the answer, but our midfield is honking and quite why TC isn't even giving Glass an opportunity to come on as a sub is baffling to me.

Great win tonight, and maybe a slight improvement on the last few matches, but the majority of the second half was woeful.

I agree this is very strange.  Courts seemed to be brought in to bring our conveyor belt of young talent into the team but other than Freeman (who spent most of his learning years at Southampton) he's not given any of them much of a chance and continues to play guys who, if I am being fair, are maybe not always of sufficient quality, consistency or finished, especially in midfield.  The most bizarre thing is when the kids do come up with a good performance they are invariably dropped and then not seen for a few weeks. He even tried to do this to Freeman.  I'm all for resting and rotation, but if a guy has a good game, give him a shirt the next one.  It's mad that we watched youngsters do well at Ibrox and then we've hardly seen any of them since.  Especially when the 'vision' has us selling these boys for £millions.  For me it just smacks of 'we don't know what we are doing'.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Finn Seemann said:

I agree this is very strange.  Courts seemed to be brought in to bring our conveyor belt of young talent into the team but other than Freeman (who spent most of his learning years at Southampton) he's not given any of them much of a chance and continues to play guys who, if I am being fair, are maybe not always of sufficient quality, consistency or finished, especially in midfield.  The most bizarre thing is when the kids do come up with a good performance they are invariably dropped and then not seen for a few weeks. He even tried to do this to Freeman.  I'm all for resting and rotation, but if a guy has a good game, give him a shirt the next one.  It's mad that we watched youngsters do well at Ibrox and then we've hardly seen any of them since.  Especially when the 'vision' has us selling these boys for £millions.  For me it just smacks of 'we don't know what we are doing'.

A St John's HS performance school graduate spent most of his learning years at Southampton? 

Think you are doing a massive disservice to the United academy there chap. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

A St John's HS performance school graduate spent most of his learning years at Southampton? 

Think you are doing a massive disservice to the United academy there chap. 

3.5 years at Southampton from the age of 16.  I think I am right here.  Granted the Johnnies will have contributed, but not sure we can take too much credit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Finn Seemann said:

3.5 years at Southampton from the age of 16.  I think I am right here.  Granted the Johnnies will have contributed, but not sure we can take too much credit.

As an important detail, during his time at Southampton, he was injured quite a bit, and spent a large amount of his development in the treatment room, convalescing and recovering.

Character building no doubt, but I expect the 300 odd minutes he turned out for Southampton's development side over 6 matches won't have given him the same experiences as he gained actively up to the age of 16 in Scotland, then back up here playing 50 plus games with United and loaned out to Peterhead as a 19 year old. 

His 20 international appearances have been as a young United player too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Finn Seemann said:

3.5 years at Southampton from the age of 16.  I think I am right here.  Granted the Johnnies will have contributed, but not sure we can take too much credit.

 

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

As an important detail, during his time at Southampton, he was injured quite a bit, and spent a large amount of his development in the treatment room, convalescing and recovering.

Character building no doubt, but I expect the 300 odd minutes he turned out for Southampton's development side over 6 matches won't have given him the same experiences as he gained actively up to the age of 16 in Scotland, then back up here playing 50 plus games with United and loaned out to Peterhead as a 19 year old. 

His 20 international appearances have been as a young United player too.

Thank you @Dundee Hiberniansaved me the bother. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

As an important detail, during his time at Southampton, he was injured quite a bit, and spent a large amount of his development in the treatment room, convalescing and recovering.

Character building no doubt, but I expect the 300 odd minutes he turned out for Southampton's development side over 6 matches won't have given him the same experiences as he gained actively up to the age of 16 in Scotland, then back up here playing 50 plus games with United and loaned out to Peterhead as a 19 year old. 

His 20 international appearances have been as a young United player too.

Point taken, but he must have still learned something and developed over those 3.5 years to then be able to be playing at the level he does at still quite a young age.  Granted he clearly didn't major on defensive duties at St Mary's 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Steven W said:

I continue to find Glass' lack of involvement bizarre. The last time he played he came on as a late sub v Hibs scoring a wonder goal. A goal that involved running at, and driving at a defence - something never seen from the likes of Harkes, Levitt et al.

Since then zero minutes on the park despite being behind for the majority of the game v St. Mirren, an abject 120 minutes v Kilmarnock and trailing to or being level with Ross County until the 91st minute. This with a backdrop of being afforded the luxury of five subs in the St Mirren and RC games, yet still zero game time.

Not saying he's the answer, but our midfield is honking and quite why TC isn't even giving Glass an opportunity to come on as a sub is baffling to me.

Great win tonight, and maybe a slight improvement on the last few matches, but the majority of the second half was woeful.

Glass came on against St Mirren. Agree though. What’s happened to Watson too, injured? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dunfermline Arab said:

Has Big Mad Nads faked a hammy injury so that St Johnstone cancel his contract and he can return "home"? 

 

This plus Biamou disappearing...could the stars be aligning?

 

I await a section of fans telling me he's a nutcase and has been shite everywhere bar United. And I don't give a flying f**k. The mad handsome b*****d must play in at least one more Dundee Derby for the big team.

Edited by mishtergrolsch
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

This plus Biamou disappearing...could the stars be aligning?

 

I await a section of fans telling me he's a nutcase and has been shite everywhere bar United. And I don't give a flying f**k. The mad handsome b*****d must play in at least one more Dundee Derby for the big team.

Heard he hugged the ref last night before kick off 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

This plus Biamou disappearing...could the stars be aligning?

 

I await a section of fans telling me he's a nutcase and has been shite everywhere bar United. And I don't give a flying f**k. The mad handsome b*****d must play in at least one more Dundee Derby for the big team.

 

22 minutes ago, Dunfermline Arab said:

Heard he hugged the ref last night before kick off 🤣

The 'Mad One' hugs the 'Madden'.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/01/2022 at 16:56, ArabianKnight said:

Are you trying to one up me on a transfer rumour? I mean I know it's quite a petty forum sometimes but really? 😂

Kevin McDonald still in Dundee United talks as Tam Courts urges patience in January window ....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's good to get some money for a player who checked out a good few weeks ago.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Homer Thompson changed the title to The Jack Ross Relocation Thread 22/23
  • TheGreenElves changed the title to The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...