The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Results going out way again today. 
Lads- I’m starting to believe we might be safe.

If we can beat Aberdeen then I think we'll be safe. A big ask but not impossible. 

Nearly there.

Let's keep Connolly on the bench. Forever.

Just now, mishtergrolsch said:

If we can beat Aberdeen then I think we'll be safe. A big ask but not impossible. 

Nearly there.

Let's keep Connolly on the bench. Forever.

I think one more win from our remaining games is enough. Would obviously be delighted if it was against the other great club of the 80s.

The boss has sold one of his other teams so he can lump even more cash in the warchest for the european spots push next season. 

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/6790/STATEMENT-FROM-CHAIRMAN-MARK-OGREN.html?key=dufc&utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=facebook_page&utm_medium=Dundee United Football Club

9 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

The boss has sold one of his other teams so he can lump even more cash in the warchest for the european spots push next season. 

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/6790/STATEMENT-FROM-CHAIRMAN-MARK-OGREN.html?key=dufc&utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=facebook_page&utm_medium=Dundee United Football Club

We'll be able to afford Shanklands goal bonus again. Winger and creative midfielder must be incoming!

We might make the top six yet!

We must be planning for next season now.  The financial situation is a real worry and I’ll be surprised if we don’t lose Benji though I doubt if Shankland will attract the sort of offers that could have been anticipated before Mellon introduced a game style that deprived him of his opportunities.

Ogren has put a lot of money in for little return and I imagine he will not want to continue that path.

2 hours ago, ArabFC said:

We have been for weeks.

Having watched United for over 30 years and witnessed the many times we've shoot ourselves in the head, never mind the foot, I'm always on the negative side of things.

Its been unlikely we'd be relegated for a few weeks but as of today, I can't see us and the other clubs having the kinds of run in form that would result in us being in the bottom 2 now.

Going forward, I still think 10th is a good season, 9th is a very good season and if we manage to "win" the bottom 6, I'll pish myself laughing.