The Dundee United Thread 22/23

I can't bring myself to look fondly on Miller. At the time  it was obvious that he was a major talent and by far the best player in an otherwise rank team. He was also clearly overweight, slow, lazy and frequently shite. Understandable really considering his terrible lifestyle and the fact that, by his own admission, he was frequently drunk/hungover at training and during games. 

11 hours ago, ArabFC said:

Pawlett is an interesting one in that, nobody is gonna offer him a good deal now - he's surely going to have to take a huge paycut wherever he goes.

On that basis, if he was happy to sign a one year deal on an average squad salary, I'd maybe consider keeping him. He sure as shit isn't any worse than Harkes!

4 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

This is where I am with him. Hes still got talent but he's rarely on the pitch. Even a pay as you play deal or large appearance bonus or whatever. 

Again, if we are banging the drum about youth, Mochrie or some other youngster could be given a chance next season if Pawlett (on an average salary) is out for whatever reason.

Unless we can find the next Charlie Miller.

Get him tf.

10 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

I can't bring myself to look fondly on Miller. At the time  it was obvious that he was a major talent and by far the best player in an otherwise rank team. He was also clearly overweight, slow, lazy and frequently shite. Understandable really considering his terrible lifestyle and the fact that, by his own admission, he was frequently drunk/hungover at training and during games. 

Charlie Miller’s “shite” was ten times better than any other player in the teams star turn!

28 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Charlie Miller’s “shite” was ten times better than any other player in the teams star turn!

Sorry, I recognise each of the words individually but collectively it's just a mess. Maybe give it another go tomorrow when you've sobered up Charlie.

17 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Sorry, I recognise each of the words individually but collectively it's just a mess. Maybe give it another go tomorrow when you've sobered up Charlie.

Translated it means... if you didnae love the Charlie, yer pure fcuking mental!

Maybe it's a bit hypocritical but I'd put Andy McLaren in a different category from Miller. Miller was a fucking waster who ultimately contributed f**k all to a really shite United team and I suspect was part of the cause of that team being shite. How do you properly motivate a team to dig in and make the most of its ability when the star man is perpetually half-cut? McLaren played in properly good United sides and pulled his weight. McLaren also recognised the error of his ways and has gone on to become a highly admirable individual working with less fortunate young players and generally being a good egg. 

I appreciate that this is all a bit sanctimonious and on a personal level I bear no animosity to Miller. He's clearly a weak and damaged character, more to be pitied than scorned but it's his life so, whatever. The hero worship he gets from some United fans is really misplaced though. If he'd made an effort he could have been really special . He didn't though and instead he was content to be the best player in a shite team. There's no credit due to him for that.

On 09/03/2021 at 19:14, Pull My Strings said:

Maybe it's a bit hypocritical but I'd put Andy McLaren in a different category from Miller. Miller was a fucking waster who ultimately contributed f**k all to a really shite United team and I suspect was part of the cause of that team being shite. How do you properly motivate a team to dig in and make the most of its ability when the star man is perpetually half-cut? McLaren played in properly good United sides and pulled his weight. McLaren also recognised the error of his ways and has gone on to become a highly admirable individual working with less fortunate young players and generally being a good egg. 

I appreciate that this is all a bit sanctimonious and on a personal level I bear no animosity to Miller. He's clearly a weak and damaged character, more to be pitied than scorned but it's his life so, whatever. The hero worship he gets from some United fans is really misplaced though. If he'd made an effort he could have been really special . He didn't though and instead he was content to be the best player in a shite team. There's no credit due to him for that.

ffe20a0c783afcb9115023ff616ecd3e.gif.ccff40be5c6c47f9f644a3afdeb65553.gif

On 08/03/2021 at 20:15, Pull My Strings said:

My ##### was ten times better than the best my team mates produced !

Better late than never ?

Edited by ewan14

13 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Talk to me about Lewis Neilson and Kai Fotheringham.

Hardly seen Fotheringham.

I hope Neilson is away on loan to Falkirk. Would be good to see him get a run of games to see if he is a real option for breaking into the first team next season. Should be decent in League One.

Fotheringham definitely highly rated but very young and inexperienced. Might take a few games to bed in but I'm excited to see how he performs.

Neilson I'd expect (if given the game time) to really show up well. He is a big strong guy for 17 and has certainly looked good in spells for us this season in big matches so I'd have high hopes for him. Has a bit of pace about him and very comfy on the ball. All about working on his defensive awareness and decision making.