The Dundee United Thread 22/23

19 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Can anyone translate this for me? I’m too old to understand emojis. There’s a lot of **** lapping it up, which always concerns me.

4B09084A-7540-4C6F-A3BA-048F7753C355.jpeg

Anyone that uses emojis like that is a complete fucking  w⚓ imo

Eta i have no idea what the emojis mean either.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

28 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Can anyone translate this for me? I’m too old to understand emojis. There’s a lot of **** lapping it up, which always concerns me.

There's a meme of Kermit drinking a cup of coffee, with the tagline "but thats none of my business..."

24953cb72e7a207d8f9ce9bd8a6cb730.jpg.31f5149830cbad3c1e8ad54bf6d7434a.jpg

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

It's suggesting that the Celtic players have been drinking the trippy venom of the Bufo Alvarius toad, hence the inability to play in this dimension.

Edited by Mvondo_the_great

I was impressed by Chalmers’ movement and positioning but in the short time he was on he played three under hit passes all of which would have reached their target with the right amount of power behind them.  Maybe something he needs to work on.

Today’s high profile performance will hopefully have added a few quid on to Benji’s price when he goes in the summer.

13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I was impressed by Chalmers’ movement and positioning but in the short time he was on he played three under hit passes all of which would have reached their target with the right amount of power behind them.  Maybe something he needs to work on.

Today’s high profile performance will hopefully have added a few quid on to Benji’s price when he goes in the summer.

Ideally, we get a good wedge for Benji and get ourselves a good CH to partner Edwards, a winger capable of a cross or two and a playmaker to pull the strings and keep Shankland (unless we get some crazy bids). Complimented with the likes of Chalmers and Mochrie etc.

I know we need a good few more than that but its probably about as much as we'll get, all things considered. And even then, with our recruitment team, one of them being above pub team standard would be brilliant.

Also, McNulty going will save (allegedly) £5k a week for not an awful lot.

34 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Ideally, we get a good wedge for Benji and get ourselves a good CH to partner Edwards, a winger capable of a cross or two and a playmaker to pull the strings and keep Shankland (unless we get some crazy bids). Complimented with the likes of Chalmers and Mochrie etc.

I know we need a good few more than that but its probably about as much as we'll get, all things considered. And even then, with our recruitment team, one of them being above pub team standard would be brilliant.

Also, McNulty going will save (allegedly) £5k a week for not an awful lot.

And Pawlett going...

2 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

If Connolly got a new deal I'm not going to count Pawlett going a certainty tbh.

Not that I think he should get a new deal.

1 hour ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

Unless Pawlett takes a huge wage cut he will surely be away.

I'm sure we could get a player with twice his productivity on half his wages

I want Pawlett away.  He gives a half decent performance once in a few games, that’s not good enough.

I cannot think of a single game where I would have given him MotM.

5 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

celtic fans were accusing us of using caffeine for an advantage in games about a month ago, no idea about the frog though.

Please donate dear readers. 

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I want Pawlett away.  He gives a half decent performance once in a few games, that’s not good enough.

Tbf, he was excellent in the 6-2 Derby and the 6-0 pumping of Morton a few weeks later last season. Beyond that it's slim pickings for any other standout performances in his United career. At least any positive ones. Neilson's probably started tapping him up to join him at Hearts in the summer anyway.

If he does go this summer, I'll always remember him for that time against Partick Thistle when he just crumpled in a heap and had to go off injured, less than a minute after kick off.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Pawlett is an interesting one in that, nobody is gonna offer him a good deal now - he's surely going to have to take a huge paycut wherever he goes.

On that basis, if he was happy to sign a one year deal on an average squad salary, I'd maybe consider keeping him. He sure as shit isn't any worse than Harkes!

6 hours ago, ArabFC said:

Pawlett is an interesting one in that, nobody is gonna offer him a good deal now - he's surely going to have to take a huge paycut wherever he goes.

On that basis, if he was happy to sign a one year deal on an average squad salary, I'd maybe consider keeping him. He sure as shit isn't any worse than Harkes!

This is where I am with him. Hes still got talent but he's rarely on the pitch. Even a pay as you play deal or large appearance bonus or whatever. 

Again, if we are banging the drum about youth, Mochrie or some other youngster could be given a chance next season if Pawlett (on an average salary) is out for whatever reason.

Unless we can find the next Charlie Miller.

14 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

I’m sure our scouts are leaving no stone unturned in this quest - we’re scouring every pub, bar and club in the land! 

Well that probably sums up our recruitment team seeing as all pubs, bars and clubs in the land are closed.