The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

That's quite an impressive spin. Bravo.

How is it spin? It was quite well publicised at the time that we had made the deal to the whole team on the grounds of fairness as was our disappointment at losing Hemmings.

Enjoy your delusions that the PFA will have nothing to say btw as seemingly they have already had contact from a number of your players...

It's definitely the fault of COVID-19 that Dundee United were/are paying over 100% of their turnover on wages.

Hoping on some academy players to be good to eventually turn a profit isn't the soundest of financial strategies.

It's surprised me that there haven't been more Sevco fans on here to offer helpful strategies. 

Some Dees have tried their best at appearing to know what's going on, and some are better than others in their attempts to taunt and goad. 

One or two stand out by displaying their dull wit.

It's all assumption and speculation though, so I'm going to add my own. Maybe Mark Ogren has sprung this move on everyone by surprise, using a US ownership framework, where different worker protections exist, and doesn't realise the implications of his actions this side of the pond.

1 hour ago, locheedee said:

How is it spin? It was quite well publicised at the time that we had made the deal to the whole team on the grounds of fairness as was our disappointment at losing Hemmings.

Enjoy your delusions that the PFA will have nothing to say btw as seemingly they have already had contact from a number of your players...

If you wanted to keep Hemmings you shouldn't have unilaterally imposed a paycut on him and presumably you wouldn't have done if he was worth any money. It's probably easier to take a hard line when all your players are shite. 

Incidentally, I have no say in who is appointed to fill the current vacancy on the US Supreme Court but I can say things about it. That's an analogy, btw.

I had to laugh when the Dundee CEO stated that to sign Adam they had to get a bit creative in how they could afford to pay him. Would it not have been better getting a bit creative so that the rest of the squad didn't have to take pay cuts. That's just as bad as what's going on at United.

13 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

If you wanted to keep Hemmings you shouldn't have unilaterally imposed a paycut on him and presumably you wouldn't have done if he was worth any money. It's probably easier to take a hard line when all your players are shite. 

Incidentally, I have no say in who is appointed to fill the current vacancy on the US Supreme Court but I can say things about it. That's an analogy, btw.

Reading some of these Dundee fans expertise in contract legalities i wouldn't be surprised to see one of our beloved from the Derry Rhumba Club  pull up a seat next to Mr Chief Justice.

52 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

It's surprised me that there haven't been more Sevco fans on here to offer helpful strategies. 

Some Dees have tried their best at appearing to know what's going on, and some are better than others in their attempts to taunt and goad. 

One or two stand out by displaying their dull wit.

It's all assumption and speculation though, so I'm going to add my own. Maybe Mark Ogren has sprung this move on everyone by surprise, using a US ownership framework, where different worker protections exist, and doesn't realise the implications of his actions this side of the pond.

Except it’s direct quotes from Ogren. 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I had to laugh when the Dundee CEO stated that to sign Adam they had to get a bit creative in how they could afford to pay him. Would it not have been better getting a bit creative so that the rest of the squad didn't have to take pay cuts. That's just as bad as what's going on at United.

😂😂😂😂😂 ffs. 

That is all. 

Hiya Mr Amma hiya pal. Still hurting 😂😂😂

Edited by Yenitit

56 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Dundee have a wage structure which for Charlie to sign for Dundee he had to fall within. He wasn't willing to come that low and certain people affiliated with the club are topping up his wage personally. 

Can you explain to me how that's like what is happening at Tannadice, please? 

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Maybe Mark Ogren has sprung this move on everyone by surprise, using a US ownership framework, where different worker protections exist, and doesn't realise the implications of his actions this side of the pond.

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I had to laugh when the Dundee CEO stated that to sign Adam they had to get a bit creative in how they could afford to pay him. Would it not have been better getting a bit creative so that the rest of the squad didn't have to take pay cuts. 

Of all the shit takes in this thread, these 3 are by far the shittest.

St Johnstone have already had the greatest moments any fan will ever experience following them and still nobody goes to watch them.
Very well run but a general sense of what is the point around them now.
They will never ever surpass 2014.

But 2014 will always be remembered. Teams like us only win cups every once in a lifetime but it was wonderful at the time.

Like you, I bought my ticket with no realistic expectation of getting into Tannadice this season, and given the shite year this has been (Even with some of the performances this season), I have still enjoyed being able to watch United, home and away every week. As such, I will buy my ticket for myself and my daughter as usual next year regardless of whether I see a game live or not this season.
That being said, I have a solid job which has been unaffected by Covid,  and I appreciate that is not the same for everyone, but I would like to hope that the majority of fans who are committed enough to buy a season ticket every year, will not take advantage of this clause, if they can afford to buy their ticket next year.

Totally agree,well said. Clubs need next year to sell season tickets as a donation really as we don’t know when we will get back in. Fans need to be like you and support your team.

8 hours ago, MacArab said:

Like you, I bought my ticket with no realistic expectation of getting into Tannadice this season, and given the shite year this has been (Even with some of the performances this season), I have still enjoyed being able to watch United, home and away every week. As such, I will buy my ticket for myself and my daughter as usual next year regardless of whether I see a game live or not this season.

That being said, I have a solid job which has been unaffected by Covid,  and I appreciate that is not the same for everyone, but I would like to hope that the majority of fans who are committed enough to buy a season ticket every year, will not take advantage of this clause, if they can afford to buy their ticket next year.

I agree with every word of that.

Other than the bit about enjoying watching the football.

I’ll also be buying season tickets next season regardless.

Have they really?

Hearts also promised 18 games whenever they happen live for this year’s season tickets but have since gone back on it, saying they want people to count streams as their games and take any difference in price on a gift card for club merchandise or hospitality when we can go again. We can get refunds but the club has said they are fucked if everyone wants a refund, so have asked fans just to take the streams.

Presumably every other club that promised live games on their season tickets will end up saying similar things.

39 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Dundee have a wage structure which for Charlie to sign for Dundee he had to fall within. He wasn't willing to come that low and certain people affiliated with the club are topping up his wage personally. 

Can you explain to me how that's like what is happening at Tannadice, please? 

You get everyone to take a pay cuts then get a player in on vastly superior wages than anyone else probably was on in the first place but that's fine. Jesus wept. Strange how these certain people were nowhere to be seen when they were really needed which was when the club was asking all it's players to take pay cuts as the club could no longer honour it's agreements.  It stinks just as much as united signing players and then begging for pay cuts.

11 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You get everyone to take a pay cuts then get a player in on vastly superior wages than anyone else probably was on in the first place but that's fine. Jesus wept. Strange how these certain people were nowhere to be seen when they were really needed which was when the club was asking all it's players to take pay cuts as the club could no longer honour it's agreements.  It stinks just as much as united signing players and then begging for pay cuts.

Yes, 3 people throwing in about £350 a week each is clearly the same as those 3 people covering the cost of about 20 players losing 20% of their wage every week. 

While we're here, where we're those 3 people during our first administration, how did they not cover and pay the £17m debt? 

I think you're onto something here, Columbo. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Yes, 3 people throwing in about £350 a week each is clearly the same as those 3 people covering the cost of about 20 players losing 20% of their wage every week. 

While we're here, where we're those 3 people during our first administration, how did they not cover and pay the £17m debt? 

I think you're onto something here, Columbo. 

So he's only getting 900 quid more a week not sure I believe that.If you think it's ok to get a bunch of players to cut their wages and then sign some old boy on wages that are vastly superior to the guys who've just been shafted by the club then batter on but to me it absolutely stinks and I wouldn't want my club doing it. No surprise really though with dundees history. Must be pretty hard to take for the other players who've just had their incomes slashed .

Edited by Shadwell Dog